Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computer freezing - P35-DQ6

Default Re: Computer freezing - P35-DQ6

I have noticed that the higher the MCH voltage is, the faster it freezes...

If its at + 0 V, it freezes in 15seconds
    If its at + 0.1V, it freezes in 5 seconds
    If its at + 0.2V, it freezes in 2 seconds.

Does this mean anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanflanagan View Post
    I have noticed that the higher the MCH voltage is, the faster it freezes...

If its at + 0 V, it freezes in 15seconds
    If its at + 0.1V, it freezes in 5 seconds
    If its at + 0.2V, it freezes in 2 seconds.

Does this mean anything at all?
    Often, especially with the newer bioses, it's not neccessary to increment the MCH value as often it has a negative effect.

With the memory you have, you should be able to run it (2 x 1GB modules) relaxed (for fault finding) at 800Mhz, 5-5-5-15, other settings bar Perfomance enhance <standard> to Auto and DDR2 voltage at 1.8-1.9 volts without a problem.

The reason I mentioned the other memtest version, is that "we" tend to prefer it here as it is kept up-to-date.
    Also that other version I've known to freeze to.

What bios version are you using and what board revision do you have?

Do you have any other DDR2 ram (other than crucial) you could try, preferably a kit.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

I tried the new Beta bios and an older version.

Tried 2 brand new kits (one OCZ other kingston).

I am looking for a new motherboard now, or, if I find anything else =/

I tried the new Beta bios and an older version.

Tried 2 brand new kits (one OCZ other kingston).

I am looking for a new motherboard now, or, if I find anything else =/
    Have you always ensured that you have loaded up the bios optimised defaults immediately after the bios flash process has been completed?

ie enter the bios and on it's first screen select optimised defaults, save and allow reboot.

Also Q-flash is the preffered Flash method. Plus you can select in q-flash Disable to "Keep Dmi Data" before flashing the bios proper.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Before buying a new board try a different PSU as well, I think it's more likely that it's the PSU than the motherboard. I think I haven't asked you yet what PSU you have, have I? (I answered a few dozen threads in the past couple of days, don't know who's who anymore^^)

We tested the PSU and it is working fine (all green lights on the tester) but I dont have any spare ones to try putting another one in.

We tested the PSU and it is working fine (all green lights on the tester) but I dont have any spare ones to try putting another one in.
    Tester doesn't say much, your system becomes unstable during full load, so the strain on the PSU and the heat that generates after 10-15 minutes of load may be what causes it to fail (if it is indeed the PSU). I.e. the PSU may deliver voltages fine when the system is idle, but at full load it may not work properly.

Can you tell me the exact model of the PSU?

It was an unbranded one from ebuyer.

Extra Value Gold 600W 12cm Fan Silent PSU - PFC 20+4pin - Ebuyer

If you want I can tell you the specs on the sticker?

*edit*

When I updated the bios, I had to do it through windows because I dont have a floppy drive >.> . But it seemed to work fine, and I loaded optimized defaults after but I had to change the ram voltage to 2.2.v
    Last edited by Ryanflanagan; 02-13-2009 at 04:25 AM.

I think we may have just found your problem^^

Unbranded PSUs are the worst thing you can do for your PC. They may look nice on paper, but PSUs are like cheap speakers: it's very easy to claim a high wattage and make them good but they don't start to compare to brand name stuff with much lower specs.

I'd definitely try a different power supply, maybe take your PC to a local dealer and try a different PSU there. It's far more likely that the PSU is the problem than the mainboards. mainboards tend to work or not work, but crashing under load very much sounds like a PSU.

Good PSu brand include (in no praticular order): Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, Be Quiet!. The retail PSUs form these vendors are all high quality.

And sorry for making you try out all the BIOS settings, I somehow thought that your PSU was OK, but that was another thread^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    I think we may have just found your problem^^

Unbranded PSUs are the worst thing you can do for your PC. They may look nice on paper, but PSUs are like cheap speakers: it's very easy to claim a high wattage and make them good but they don't start to compare to brand name stuff with much lower specs.

I'd definitely try a different power supply, maybe take your PC to a local dealer and try a different PSU there. It's far more likely that the PSU is the problem than the mainboards. mainboards tend to work or not work, but crashing under load very much sounds like a PSU.

Good PSu brand include (in no praticular order): Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, Be Quiet!. The retail PSUs form these vendors are all high quality.

And sorry for making you try out all the BIOS settings, I somehow thought that your PSU was OK, but that was another thread^^
    Ill go in tomorrow then.

Why would a new motherboard need a better power supply though? I have used that PSU on this system and it has worked flawlessly for 1.5 years. New motherboard, then bam.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information