Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Computer freezing - P35-DQ6

Default Re: Computer freezing - P35-DQ6

There are even some brand name PSUs that for some reason won't work with quality mainboards even though both work fine with other components. I think it was DFI and some be quiet PSUs. There are just so many different computer parts out there that you can't guarantee compatability between all components even though they should theoretically work fine together.

You get what you pay for and you'll probably find a quality 450watt PSU will have greater stable capacity at load than the cheap make 600watt version.

My Corsair PSU costs 3x the amount of that Ebuyer 600watt PSU and it's smaller in advertised capacity, yet it supplies upto 40amps on its 12volt rail (at upto 50C), which is no doubt far more than the ebuyer 600watt psu does.

However if it's your PSU causing your current problems is hard to tell. Have you monitored all the voltages whilst at idle and at load etc (when the system was working). Then again cheap PSU's use really cheap components which just don't go the distance. You wont see a cheap brand slap on a 5 year warranty like corsair do.
    It is possible that the rails have become "noisy" over the course of 18months and this is having a detrimental affect on your motherboard performance. But without being able to compare with another PSU it's hard to say for sure.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

How do I monitor the voltages at idle and at load? Or do you mean run hwmonitor while on a mem test?

Is it really worth testing another PSU at the shop? I am able to send this motherboard back to the owner and get a brand new one.

This psu worked fine with the old motherbaord (Asus p5k). It has enough amps for the graphics card, and it gave enough power to run the CPU at 3.5ghz and the ram at 1100mhz (didnt keep the ram at this for long). Some PSUs just arent compatable?
    Last edited by Ryanflanagan; 02-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.

I can't tell you what exactly is the problem, but if you send the back the mainboard you may get back the same one back again since it actually works. Therefore I would check the PSU. Also, if it is the PSU you can get the computer running again much faster since you can buy a new one at the store :)
    Alternatively, you could also just borrow a friend's PSU to test.

Problem solved:

Bought a new motherboard. Similar one actually GA-EP35-DS3L

Ram run (the original crucial ballistix) overnight and got to 2000% on each 779mb test. (before it got to 2.5% and froze).

Thankyou very much for the help.

Also, my monitors digital port decided to break with my new motherboard, so that took another 8 hours of fustration XD

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sounds like you are all setup now then eh? Sorry to hear you had to grab a new board, but at least your new one is working good!

Great to hear

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information