Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P North bridge (System Temperature)

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P North bridge (System Temperature)

While we're talking about temperatures, I noticed something funny the other day. The CPU tempt in ET6 are also off at least compared to realtemp. I'm not sure what to believe here?
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

KayossZero is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedEuphoria View Post
    While we're talking about temperatures, I noticed something funny the other day. The CPU tempt in ET6 are also off at least compared to realtemp. I'm not sure what to believe here?
    I may be wrong here but I seem to remember this issue is usually that ET or Asus Probe (in my experience) like to show the CPU temp from the socket sensor and not the diode? In the CPU its self which explains why they are much lower.

When in doubt, the manufacturers own program is always wrong. ;) (Maybe not always, but 95% of the time)

Real temp si definitely accurate for the CPU as long as you use the current 3.0 version.

I use CPUID Hardware monitor for core temperatures. They're usually what I consider as real temperature. I just use the reported CPU temperature as a guide line.

Like for example. my CPU is reporting 29 degreee. but my core temperature is reporting 34 degree.

Core temp and real temp are accurate, as they use the data specified by Intel.

my GA-EP45-UD3P idles at 42c with my window unit turned on. if i leave it off while using my pc, it can reach 50c. when i first got it, i only had a xfx 8500gt on it and would idle down to 38c. i guess my 9600gso is at fault for covering the sb.

GA-EP45-UD3P w/e8400 stock
    EVGA 384-P3-N966-TR
    8x sata hdd
    1x dvd-r drive
    2gb ocz pc2-8500 platinum
    850w coolermaster psu
    nzxt tempest (trying to get the new coolermaster sniper)

As the original poster, I think I should keep you guys up to date :D

I have upgrade my graphics card to a XFX GTX 260 Black Edition 2days ago. My previous card is a Leadtek 8800 GTS TDH 320MBs.

My system temperature now idles at 43 degrees and peaks at 52 degrees.

So yeah, your graphics card plays a big role. My Leadtek touched the heatsink whereas my XFX didn't.

kick is offline Senior Member

I dont have the p version of the board just the plain ud3.
    I dont use easytune either because i had probs with it on other GA boards.
    I had been relying on the temp readout shown by speedfan utility as the "nb" indication.
    I have a nice big 120mm angled about 45 degrees blowing on to the memory and nb.
    Then what i thought was the nb temp was jumping 20 degrees or so up to 53 under load.
    It seemed right ,but apparently not:(
    I wonder why they put it on the sb,its the nb that has the big fat heatsink.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Just so everyone knows, Easytune shows the CPU temp and the other programs mentioned (CoreTemp and RealTemp) show the CORE Temps not the CPU temps

So that is why you see the differences. Everest will show you both at once

Whats the latest version for Easytune ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information