Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ga-ep45-ud3p issue

Default Re: ga-ep45-ud3p issue

oh man looks like i spoke too soon...my computer turned itself off after it went into sleep state last night and wouldnt power on...when i clicked the power on button on my chassis it did the damn 2 second reboot thing...i turned the power supply off and and back on, now the computer is working again...i dont overclock at all, the funny thing is i actually underclock (200fsb) just to lower temps and run my tower fanless....i upgraded to this board because of the advertised 2oz copper layer supposedly keeps things cooler, so all my other components, settings are exactly the same from my previous ep45-ds4p board....

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Latest BIOS? Optimized loaded/saved/applied after the flash?

When you say underclock, does that mean you also lower voltages, ect? If so that may be the issue as they may be to low to keep the system resources in memory for S3 and to low to Resume with.

I would also now try putting your ram back in slot 1+3 and moving your graphics card back to the correct slot and set Init First Display to PEG in the Advanced BIOS page as this is the correct setting for PCIE slot 1

And if you have issues with your GFX Card in slot one you may need to set these voltages >>>
    ICH I/O……………….................: <<< 1.55
    ICH Core…………...……............: <<< 1.14-1.16

To Lsdmeasap:

There was no under or overclocking involved, just the bios defaults. I guess it is possible that when I updated the bios it changed some settings around (but why?) but I cannot even get to a bios screen at the moment. Moving the ram and the graphics card does not help per a previous attempt.
    My rig:

Gigabyte Triton 180 case
    Intel Quad Core Q6600 (2.4 GHz)
    Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p motherboard
    2x1GB OCZ PC8500 (1066 MHz) RAM
    Intel Stock CPU cooler
    Corsair TX750W PSU
    Sapphire HD3870 PCI express x16 GPU
    1 160 gb hdd & 1 320 gb hdd via sata
    Samsung DVD Burner via IDE

My board does this as well, but only overclocked...
    When it IS overclocked, and in Windows, it's rock solid. There is SOMETHING with these boards and the POST cycle...

When you flash your BIOS ALL Settings are changed/reset as you MUST Load optimized defaults as part of the process and then save/apply/reboot.

So you can't get in the BIOS at all now, even after you clear the CMOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    When you flash your BIOS ALL Settings are changed/reset as you MUST Load optimized defaults as part of the process and then save/apply/reboot.

If you flash from Windows, or the boot-up flash utility, there is an option to keep all setting after flashing...you don't have to wipe it all.

I cannot get into the bios or anywhere.
    My rig:

Gigabyte Triton 180 case
    Intel Stock CPU cooler
    Corsair TX750W PSU

So does anyone think that this is an issue with the board, processor, or the ram? Everything was brand spankin' new and worked for a few months and then the reboot looping started. I am kind of guessing it is the board, seeing as others have apparently had this problem, although I suppose I cannot rule out a bad processor or some bad RAM either, although both being the unlikely cause here (more than likely it's the board that is the culprit).
    My rig:

Gigabyte Triton 180 case
    Intel Stock CPU cooler
    Corsair TX750W PSU

Did you clear the CMOS fully? Have you tried with one stick of ram? Can you test your ram in another PC to be sure it is ok?

Do you have a floppy connected ALREADY and set as first boot device (Default)?

If you decide you have to RMA your board let me know and I will send you last resort link that has saved many boards from RMA

Did you clear the CMOS fully? Have you tried with one stick of ram? Can you test your ram in another PC to be sure it is ok?

Do you have a floppy connected ALREADY and set as first boot device (Default)?

If you decide you have to RMA your board let me know and I will send you last resort link that has saved many boards from RMA

I can't tell if I have cleared the CMOS fully because of the boot looping...the pc does not have time to boot into anything. Just off, on, off, on, etc. I have tried with no RAM, one stick, and two with no differences. Not sure if I can test the RAM in a new PC, but I suppose that is a thought. No, I do not have a floppy connected and even if I could connect one, I could not get into the BIOS to set it as a boot priority device.
    My rig:

Gigabyte Triton 180 case
    Intel Stock CPU cooler
    Corsair TX750W PSU

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information