Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ga-ep45-ud3p issue

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ga-ep45-ud3p issue

So you can't borrow any other ram to test with, even a old set of DDR2 from your basement would possibly be ok to try?

I have borrowed other ram, but it does not change the situation.
    My rig:

Gigabyte Triton 180 case
    Intel Quad Core Q6600 (2.4 GHz)
    Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p motherboard
    2x1GB OCZ PC8500 (1066 MHz) RAM
    Intel Stock CPU cooler
    Corsair TX750W PSU
    Sapphire HD3870 PCI express x16 GPU
    1 160 gb hdd & 1 320 gb hdd via sata
    Samsung DVD Burner via IDE

kick is offline Senior Member

So no bios screen at all since your first post?.
    You have taken out the battery overnight ,so that it should load up on defaults.Tried just one hdd too?
    Do all the fans "spin up" including the psu one while its pwr on/pwr off cycling?

I dont know exactly how the dual bios works,but you had a pc thats working and now it isnt,and it wasnt being overclocked,I thought youd be able to get at the "backup" bios.

I know u want to find out for sure whats broken,but the only way I know of for sure ,is to test each part in a known working pc.

Did you try lsdme's "last resort " thing?

then back to nickels suggestion psu or ram..youve eliminated the ram Even a "pos" test power supply should boot it up.
    Got an older one around? even with no extra 6 pin for the graphics card?
    It should still get the pc running,but you would get a warning that the card is running with basic functions when u get into the os.

nb:The reason I know this is beacause I reconnected my pc one time n forgot the gx card connection

Cpu?..I dont know if it would even make a noise if the cpu was gone.

On guesswork now,if something is broken and u cant test to see if its the psu,its psu or mbrd?.
    Decide which is most likely to be gone and return it,or maybe both since you wont be able to use the pc while you are waiting.

The connections again perhaps..but since it was working one day and not the next ,that doesnt seem terribly likely.
    Put it in a nice warm room for an hr or 2 to get all the components up to normal operating temperature?
    How much dust gets into the pc?All my fans seem to get a thin coating on them even when I use filters,then again they are running most of the time.
    Really scraping the barrell <.

I suppose you have to go back to what happened .Working as normal one day then,no cold boot :> somethings broken.
    Im a bad advert for "green principles",I dont turn my pc's off much,except where its good for it.Such as the bedding in of thermal paste on the back of heatsinks.

I look on it like car engines,most of the wear on them happens while they are getting up to normal operating temperatures,while clearances change,oil warms up etc.
    Electrical components seem to be the same ,bang, a big voltage surge when they are turned on then they are happy enough until someone tries to run them up to/beyond limits.
    Last edited by kick; 03-06-2009 at 04:58 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

So by a show of opinion and because I am getting tired of this awesome machine just sitting around, I would like opinions as to whether or not this sounds like a processor problem or a problem with the board or both as I am ready & willing to replace either or both of them.

Thanks.
    My rig:

Gigabyte Triton 180 case
    Intel Stock CPU cooler
    Corsair TX750W PSU

I'd RMA the board...
    I've NEVER had an issue with a CPU...ever!

Anyone else with an opinion?
    My rig:

Gigabyte Triton 180 case
    Intel Stock CPU cooler
    Corsair TX750W PSU

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I have seen Several DOA CPU's since I started helping out here, more then you would care to know about. I too used to think that was a rarity, but seems it is not and CPU's are just the same as GFX cards, Ram, PSU's, Hard drives, DOA happen often it seems.

Don't know which to suggest, as you know if you buy one and it is not it you would need to buy the other.... So?????

Whatever is cheaper, easier to get first I suppose would be the logical way to go.

Good luck, and hope you get it squared away easy man!

just wanted to let everyone know that I went out and bought the exact same board from microcenter and everything is working out fine now. Must have been the board...thanks to everyone for all the help!
    My rig:

Gigabyte Triton 180 case
    Intel Stock CPU cooler
    Corsair TX750W PSU

kick is offline Senior Member

Hurrah!,Its funny,some people have a full set of back up parts,so they can test if anything isnt workingand yet those that actually need to try some ,dont.Part of the risks of home building it seems.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information