Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ga-ep45-ud3p issue

Default ga-ep45-ud3p issue

Hi all. First post so here goes. My computer has recently decided to start acting up. With everything connected on the inside of the pc (whether anything is connected to the back of the computer or not), it will turn on when the power button is pushed and then a second or two later it will shut itself off. But a few seconds later, it will turn itself back on again. During this process, there is no video displayed and no booting happens whatsoever. This process (I would assume) would keep going but I turn the main power switch from the power supply in the back off. Any suggestions? I disconnected the atx_12v_2x4 power connector (cpu power) and the computer stays on but obviously does not boot due to lack of cpu. I reconnect it and end up with the problem described above. I have a ga-ep45-ud3p motherboard with a q6600 processor and a corsair tx750w power supply. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by jjsoring; 02-11-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: was incomplete before

Default Re: ga-ep45-ud3p issue

Well I haven't heard from too many people so I guess my bottom line question is can I do anything other than replace the whole board? I am pretty much at the point where that is sounding like a good idea. I have googled the issue and read through hundreds of similar posts and it looks like that is what I may have to do. Once again, any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

this may be a hardware defect or a fixable issue. If soemthing is broken it's more likely to be the RAM though.

The first thing you shoudl do is clear CMOS, refer tot the motherbaord manual on how to this. It resets the BIOS and often fixes problems like this.

Do you overclock? Have you changed any other settings?

Also list all your hardware please.

No overclocking done at all. I am currently clearing the cmos bios by placing a hdd jumper on the cmos jumper. I have also taken the bios battery out and the motherboard is outside the case. The hardware config goes like this:

q6600 processor
    ga-ep45-ud3p motherboard
    sapphire radeon hd-3870 gpu via pci express x16
    ocz pc2 8500 ram (2x1gb)
    160 gb hdd & 320 gb hdd connected via sata
    samsung dvd burner connected via ide

Your computer is not stable, have you run any testing on it?

1st is memtest to see if you get errors

next would be prime95
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Not stable? What do you mean? It was running fine a couple of days ago and then when I booted it one day it just decided to go into the boot looping. I cannot get into the bios or anything. Not sure how I am going to run those tests if I cannot get anywhere.

Fine is relative. To be sure that your PC is running stable you need to run a stability test like Prime 95 for many hours. A Pc that seems fine may show instability in such a test showing that there is a problem.

Did taking out the battery not help?

EDIT: If it didn't then the most likely causes are that either one of your RAM sticks failed (try each seperately) or your PSU failed.

try 1 stick on memory only, in the 1st yellow slot.

Then try the other stick

If that doesnt work, then its on to trying another set of memory and another PSU.
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Well my question is how do I even run these tests if the computer goes nowhere? I do not see how it could be the power supply seeing as everything else gets power. Its just when the cpu power connector is plugged in I get this problem, but when it is not plugged in, the computer stays on. And no, taking the battery out did not help it. Also, moving the memory around does not help. The ram did work, but that could be a problem, but both of my sticks are then dead?

well then i need new memory and a new psu to test it...ouch...money!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information