Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-EP43-DS3L Freezing

Default Re: GA-EP43-DS3L Freezing

Going to test the RAM tonight will post how it goes

Tested with different RAM using Prime95 and it froze during test 2. Do you think it could be the board?

What speed and settings did you use for the new RAM? Was it one or 2 sticks? What static tRead value are you using? Try higher values like 10-12. tRead is performance level in Memset, you can also try changing it in Windows, but if it's not stable try setting it in BIOS.

I can't be 100% sure, but it looks the board (depends on your RAM settings with the new RAM), but I can't exclude the PSU either. Hiper PSUs are decent from what I've ehard, but maybe yours is defective or just doesn't like your board. If possible try another PSU before RMAing the board.

PS: have you actually tried to adjust the tRead value? Just noticed that your Memset screenshots always show it as 8 and not the 12 I suggested.
    Last edited by Nickel020; 02-14-2009 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    What speed and settings did you use for the new RAM? Was it one or 2 sticks? What static tRead value are you using? Try higher values like 10-12. tRead is performance level in Memset, you can also try changing it in Windows, but if it's not stable try setting it in BIOS.

I can't be 100% sure, but it looks the board (depends on your RAM settings with the new RAM), but I can't exclude the PSU either. Hiper PSUs are decent from what I've ehard, but maybe yours is defective or just doesn't like your board. If possible try another PSU before RMAing the board.

PS: have you actually tried to adjust the tRead value? Just noticed that your Memset screenshots always show it as 8 and not the 12 I suggested.
    Tried changing the tRead Value still nothing and i tried a different PSU and the same happened

Well the last thing I can think of is that you could try a different BIOS (even an older one) to see if that works. If that doesn't help your board is defective, since we pretty much ruled out everything else by changing the PSU and RAM.

Disconnected everything and took the battery out and put it all back together and its running fine now. Thanks for the help though.

The good old battery trick, works (almost) every time ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information