Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: bios corrupted on GA-8S661FXM

Default bios corrupted on GA-8S661FXM

Hello, I have the 8S661FXM motherboard and I tried to update bios through windows with @BIOS and I have a Blue Screen Of Death and then the MB does not POST, it reboots and the message it shows is:

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0

scanning Bios image in hard Drive

and then restarts
    also we tried to update with a floppy and 3 files, *.exe *.f12 and *.bat but it does not read from Floppy disk and if I disconnect the Hard disk it says that Can not find image on hard disk or diskette,
    what could we try???
    the only thing we did not try is to connect a FAT32 disk (the current is NTFS) can we update from hard disk?

Thank you in advance

Default Re: bios corrupted on GA-8S661FXM

If you're unlucky you might need a new BIOS chip (if it's interchangeable) or you might have bricked your motherboard.
    That's why things like @BIOS are generally not recommended here and even the companies' own technical support usually tells you never to use it.
    I don't have any experience recovering froma bad BIOS flash and I guess not many people here do either. If I were you I would contact Gigabyte technical support about it.

Thread Information