Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: EP45-UD3P Ram Question




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Yeah, so I wanted to make sure the reboot problem had really stopped before I ran memtest for too long. I went into windows and rebooted and the computer went into the reboot loop again.

    Has anyone else had this problem?

    Does anyone else have this same board and ram? How is it working for you?
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Vista Ultimate x64

  2. #12
    kick's Avatar
    kick is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Europe,the wild wild west.
    Posts
    1,223

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Its common if the bios isnt happy.
    Its better than having to short out the memory every time tho.Just reset the psu switch.
    Since its happening tho something is happening.I believe the most strain on components is start up and when under load.
    My memory doesnt run at the voltage i set in bios,it runs .03-.04 less than that .
    Cpu is the same,vdroop/vdrop whatever you like to call it.
    If your memory is designed to run at 2.2, 2.25 shouldnt do it any harm
    Mine is supposed to run at 1.9 at 800 mhz but people use it at up to 2.2+ to get it to run higher speeds/
    Utilities like speedfan and cpu z show my undervoltage while windows is running.
    Also the D multiplier doesnt work for me at all on overclock,I have to use the B (333mhz) one.
    Last edited by kick; 02-22-2009 at 06:06 AM.
    Current Systems:

    Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

    HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

    hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    Its common if the bios isnt happy.
    Its better than having to short out the memory every time tho.Just reset the psu switch.
    Since its happening tho something is happening.I believe the most strain on components is start up and when under load.
    My memory doesnt run at the voltage i set in bios,it runs .03-.04 less than that .
    Cpu is the same,vdroop/vdrop whatever you like to call it.
    If your memory is designed to run at 2.2, 2.25 shouldnt do it any harm
    Mine is supposed to run at 1.9 at 800 mhz but people use it at up to 2.2+ to get it to run higher speeds/
    Utilities like speedfan and cpu z show my undervoltage while windows is running.
    Also the D multiplier doesnt work for me at all on overclock,I have to use the B (333mhz) one.

    I tried 2.22v and hwmonitor says it's at 2.18 and goes up to 2.19 sometimes. I'm still getting the reboot loop.

    Do you think I should change any of the following settings? I'm thinking some of them need to go up but I don't know anything about them or how much I should go up on them.

    CPU Termination
    CPU PLL
    CPU Ref
    MCH Ref
    MCH/DRAM Ref
    DRAM Termination
    CPU Clock Drive
    CPU Clock Skew
    MCH Clock Skew
    Last edited by b_d0za; 02-22-2009 at 06:36 AM.
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Vista Ultimate x64

  4. #14

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    @b_d0za

    is your UP3P with rev 1.0 or 1.1 ? if you have older version, maybe try submit for RMA to get replacement for rev 1.1.

    pg
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600



  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Quote Originally Posted by powergiga View Post
    @b_d0za

    is your UP3P with rev 1.0 or 1.1 ? if you have older version, maybe try submit for RMA to get replacement for rev 1.1.

    pg

    It is 1.0
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Vista Ultimate x64

  6. #16

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za View Post
    It is 1.0
    If you just bought it recently, I suggested you take it back for to get rev 1.1 if you can, but try to get working with ram stuff and tweaks first before you decide to submit for rma after you tried those settings.

    some ppl said 1.0 works for them, some ppl said 1.1 works.

    pg
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600



  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Quote Originally Posted by powergiga View Post
    If you just bought it recently, I suggested you take it back for to get rev 1.1 if you can, but try to get working with ram stuff and tweaks first before you decide to submit for rma after you tried those settings.

    some ppl said 1.0 works for them, some ppl said 1.1 works.

    pg

    I'd like to try to get this one working properly but need help with settings.
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Vista Ultimate x64

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Well I am starting to think maybe my computer is not stable at the settings I originally posted. That is without the changes for the ram to run at 1066. It seems to run fine and reboots just fine but if I put it in sleep mode it goes into reboot loop.

    Upping the ram to 1066 makes it go into reboot loop when rebooting from windows. It also goes into reboot loop when put to sleep mode.

    Maybe my problem is something else to begin with and upping the ram is making it worse?

    Can somebody please help? I have no idea what to do.
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Vista Ultimate x64

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Well for starters I'd try if the system is actually unstable at the "settings you originally posted". Try Prime 95 and see if that can run without errors overnight. Or use several rounds of LinX, this puts even more load onto the CPU and makes it get hotter.
    If there's a problem we'll go from there. There's not much point trying to figure out what's wrong with the RAM if the original settings are already unstable, since we can't tell what's causing the instability.


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Well for starters I'd try if the system is actually unstable at the "settings you originally posted". Try Prime 95 and see if that can run without errors overnight. Or use several rounds of LinX, this puts even more load onto the CPU and makes it get hotter.
    If there's a problem we'll go from there. There's not much point trying to figure out what's wrong with the RAM if the original settings are already unstable, since we can't tell what's causing the instability.

    I did let prime95 small fft run at the first settings I posted for 8 hours and same for prime95 blend and got no errors. Should I shoot for 24 on each?

    I went a different route just now and went back to optimized defaults to see how sleep mode works and it works fine.

    I went through and changed all the voltages from auto to default values and changed some other auto settings to what they should be and sleep mode worked fine.

    I went and changed my multiplier to 6 and upped the fsb to 400 and changed the memory multiplier to 2.00D which left everything the exact same except the FSB and sleep mode failed.

    I'm thinking I need to see if sleep mode can work properly before trying to run prime95 because I ran prime95 with no errors in the past even though it was only 8 hours at a time. Is this an okay assumption?

    I'm going to try right now to see what it takes to keep the fsb at 400 and get sleep mode to work. I'll try upping the MCH and other voltages associated with it.

    The last board I overclocked on was a socket 478 p4p800-e deluxe so any help is greatly appreciated as there are many new settings I am not familiar with. I did read a lot on this forum before trying which got me this far.
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Vista Ultimate x64

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •