Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

Default Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

Well, I upped the MCH Core to 1.2 and no luck.

I upped the MCH Core to 1.3 and no luck.

I upped the MCH Ref a little bit and no luck.

I upped the MCH/DRAM Ref a little bit by upping the voltage of the RAM to what it can handle and no luck.

I set MCH Core, MCH Ref and MCH/DRAM Ref to auto and no luck.

I set the ICH I/O and ICH Core to auto just for the hell of it and no luck.

For each of these I did not change the previous one(s) back to what they were. I left them at what I changed them to.

I am using the S3 (STR) Sleep to Ram.

I can't get sleep mode to work with FSB at 400. This board is supposed to be able to handle 400. Is there anything else I need to change in the bios?

Is my RAM not playing well with this board? Is my power supply not doing well? Is the board not doing well?
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
    Vista Ultimate x64

kick is offline Senior Member

did you try the 2.00B multiplier?
    To use that u will have to set mch latch on auto or 333.
    I just mention this because the 2:00D wouldnt allow me to oclock much at all.
    My system cpu etc isnt the same as yours and if youve tried that already and I missed the post my bad
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    did you try the 2.00B multiplier?
    To use that u will have to set mch latch on auto or 333.
    I just mention this because the 2:00D wouldnt allow me to oclock much at all.
    My system cpu etc isnt the same as yours and if youve tried that already and I missed the post my bad

I just thought I'd have to leave it on one of the D settings since the FSB is at 400. What will this do exactly? I'll see what happens.
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Vista Ultimate x64

2.00B did not help. I tried it along with different settings for mch core, mch ref, mch/dram ref and ram voltage. Even with them at auto sleep mode fails.

Any other suggestions?
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Vista Ultimate x64

I guess if I can't get it to work within a few days I'll try another power supply I have and if that doesn't help I'll RMA the board.

Then If I have the same problems I'll sell the RAM and get some Mushkin or G Skill.

Any other bios settings you think I should try?
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Vista Ultimate x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Have you tried 399 or 401 FSB? What is your exact settings?

Is S3 your only issue, as I am not sure if that has been corrected yet in the UD3 models so just wanted to check if this was now the only issue you are having

Have you tried putting Vtt to 1.2, then set MCH ref., then raise Vtt back to where you want to run it at that is how you should adjust MHC Ref. Do this and try .685-.73 MCH Ref.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Have you tried 399 or 401 FSB? What is your exact settings?

Is S3 your only issue, as I am not sure if that has been corrected yet in the UD3 models so just wanted to check if this was now the only issue you are having

Have you tried putting Vtt to 1.2, then set MCH ref., then raise Vtt back to where you want to run it at that is how you should adjust MHC Ref. Do this and try .685-.73 MCH Ref.

S3 was not my issue to begin with. Rebooting the machine was. It wasn't until after a bit of messing around that I found out going into sleep mode caused the reboot cycle as well. So I just figured maybe it was the same problem just coming out more when trying to come back from sleep mode.

If I set everything to default in bios with ram at 800mhz and timings on auto everything including S3 works fine.

If I set cpu multiplier to 6 and fsb to 400 and ram at 2.00b or 2.00d I can reboot fine but S3 fails.

This was my original problem:
    If I set cpu multiplier to 8 and fsb to 400 and ram at 2.00d I can reboot fine but S3 fails. I can also pass prime95 small and blend each for 8 hours. Then if I set RAM to 2.66d I can get into windows but if I reboot it goes into reboot cycle.

I havent tried 399 or 401fsb. I'll try your suggestions and report back.
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Vista Ultimate x64

Question Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Do you mean to set VTT to 1.2 then set MCH Ref. to default and then raise VTT until MCH Ref gets to .685-.73,

Or

set VTT to 1.2 and set MCH Ref to .685-.73 and raise VTT until MCH Ref. gets to where I want it?

My VTT is already at default 1.2 and MCH Ref is default .76. Can I go higher?
    Last edited by b_d0za; 02-23-2009 at 02:10 AM.
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Vista Ultimate x64

kick is offline Senior Member

Post Re: EP45-UD3P Ram Question

Well assuming there is nothing wrong with any of your components.
    check out things like your memory on buyers reviews at newegg.
    On memory there are usually lots of "well I had to use these settings" type posts.

Other than that all i can say is what works for me ,unfortunately,your system isnt exactly the same as mine.
    I do know my system is working on close to the maximum 24/7 voltages for mch and cpu(45nm quad).
    Most of the extra settings, like skew i didnt change, because I didnt need to.I havent really checked what they do anyway.
    Pll left at auto,I did try enabling memory driver strength (no post/boot).
    As I was oclocking i did turn off the stepping and voltage optimisation settings ,but i cant say exactly where and when.
    Nearly all the auto settings such as those are on now tho.

llc I did have to enable on the cpu.
    the memory is entered at standard 5-5-5-15 format and I simply kept upping the voltage until it would run stable at 1000mhz,it wont do much more even with 2.3v(redline).
    Another possibility might be using the 266mhz multiplier 2:00C is it ?since your cpu uses a 266mhz fsb ref frequency as standard.
    Mine is supposed to use 333mhz so I just tried that instead of the 400.
    I had read something somewhere in a review,that the 400 multiplierand latch frequency didnt work for "the reviewer" but the 333 one did.
    Im just guessing but maybe the 400 latch and multiplier need a 400mhz cpu such as the extreme quads.

Work on one thing first maybe such as ensuring the memory works at its rated speed or close to it.Play around with the multipliers and voltages.
    If not running the cpu higher than stock u shouldnt need to change anything on that end.
    Then once memory is good,increase cpu gradually.
    Im a bit lazy to go checking the bios to see what multipliers are available for each latch frequency,but if you set mch latch to auto,you can enter any of the options.
    My cpu and memory will work at 490/500/507 (stable) fsb on both standard and turbo settings in the bios.Turbo tightens up the memory timings a lot,you can see by how much using memset (utility)..its linked in the sticky post about memory in this forum.
    The pc will also boot into windows (vista 64 home premium sp1) at 510-520..but it isnt stable.
    Perhaps also try not using sleep mode see if everything works up to that point.
    Most bios editing options do come on as soon as you enter the bios,one setting u still have to use the cntrl F1 combo for is the pci bus usage priority.I played around with that on my oldmbrd .
    On this one I just left it at standard.
    Also Im not using a ud3 p board just basic ud3.
    The boards are close enough , but perhaps even if you had the exact components I have except a p board you might have the same problems.

Try googling your cpu mbrd and ram together,you might find some links(tho obviously if this thread comes up as a link you can skip it).
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

@Lsdmeasap

I tried 401 fsb with different settings and I tried upping the MCH Ref by upping the VTT with no luck. Maybe I should go more MCH Ref and VTT but I don't know how much.

@kick

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I had tried most of them except trying different memory latch settings. So, I tried some different ones with no luck.
    Antec Three Hundred
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Q9650
    Xigmatek S1283
    4x2GB OCZ REAPER 1150
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    SB X-fi Titanium
    Samsung Sata DVD Burner
    Vista Ultimate x64

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast