Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500




  1. #11
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    And I can tell you yes, you should set things manually if you are overclocking. Auto Voltages will overvolt many things, especially Vtt (CPU Termination) and PLL

    If you only want to run your ram at 1066, and not overclock your system all you need to do is set your memory multi to 3.20B and set your ram voltages, put performance enhance on standard and you should be good to go.

    This would be all you need to run that CPU and Memory at 1066 >>>

    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto or Fast
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 9
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.0
    CPU Frequency ...........................: 3.00


    Clock Chip Control
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 333Mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Set to 100

    C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]

    DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 3.20B
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 1066
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: 2.0-2.1V Check your rams sticker

    No need for FSB Increase just to run your ram at 1066, unless you want to raise FSB then that is another story

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    Quote Originally Posted by dallyack View Post
    Sorry 2.66D makes the RAM run at or about 1066

    Well my memory is rated at DDR2 1066 so it should be ok should it not? The only thing is I have a stock cooler. I was planning on upgrading it later but for now I just want to get familiar with a lower level overclock.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

    DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 3.20B
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 1066
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ....1.800V............: 2.0-2.1V Check your rams sticker

    No need for FSB Increase just to run your ram at 1066, unless you want to raise FSB then that is another story
    I understand the system multiplier and numerically how it works. But I don't get the A,B,C,D designation. Can you explain which one to pick? For instance you selected 3.20B...why the B? I am not real familiar with this bios yet since I came from an Asus system so bear with me please. I am getting it slowly...

    What is the max speed you would push this processor with OEM Intel cooler? my case is running about 40C core temps right now with 3-80mm case fans and the intel cooler.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    Quote Originally Posted by hy_tek View Post
    I understand the system multiplier and numerically how it works. But I don't get the A,B,C,D designation. Can you explain which one to pick? For instance you selected 3.20B...why the B? I am not real familiar with this bios yet since I came from an Asus system so bear with me please. I am getting it slowly...

    What is the max speed you would push this processor with OEM Intel cooler? my case is running about 40C core temps right now with 3-80mm case fans and the intel cooler.
    I would try to keep my cpu core under 65. If the stock cooler can't at full load, mine couldn't, then you're ok. I bought a Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for about $39.99 from newegg.com now I idle at 26-28 and haven't gone over 57 at full load.

    As far as why you don't see the A,B,C,D designations I'm not sure. Maybe it's because your XMP or one of those other settings are set to manual.
    I believe the A,B,C,D is for the BUS speed, A for 100MHz, B for 200 and so on, That's the way I understand it but I may be wrong on that.

    Here's my specs, The machine has been stable for 10 days or so now. voltages are good too.

    MIT
    CPU Clock Control....[9x]
    Fine CPU Ratio........[5] Yours should be 0
    CPU Frequency........3.80GHz (400x9.5)
    CPU Host control.....[enable]
    ****Dram performance Control***
    Performance Enhance...[turbo]
    XMP......................[Auto]
    MCH Freq Match......[Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)...[2.66D]
    DRAM Timing Slectable (SPD)... [Auto]

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    Quote Originally Posted by hy_tek View Post
    Well my memory is rated at DDR2 1066 so it should be ok should it not? The only thing is I have a stock cooler. I was planning on upgrading it later but for now I just want to get familiar with a lower level overclock.
    Yes that's correct your memory can run at 1066 no problem. The boards default voltage is 1.8 set to auto it changes mine to 2.1 ( The memory manufacturers specs) double check the voltage is correct for your memory and you should be fine

  6. #16
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    Quote Originally Posted by hy_tek View Post
    I understand the system multiplier and numerically how it works. But I don't get the A,B,C,D designation. Can you explain which one to pick? For instance you selected 3.20B...why the B? I am not real familiar with this bios yet since I came from an Asus system so bear with me please. I am getting it slowly...

    What is the max speed you would push this processor with OEM Intel cooler? my case is running about 40C core temps right now with 3-80mm case fans and the intel cooler.

    You want to choose a strap/multi based on your FSB. Of course a lower then FSB Strap/multi choice is better, but is not always stable or easy to get stable. I suggested a B multi based on your 333 FSB

    Here are the Straps/Multi's for P35/45 >>>



    And do keep in mind, based on All other settings/voltages tRD to low for higher Straps will not boot, a general rule I often say you will see in my templates is this >>>

    tRD (Static tRead Value)
    6/7-10 333/B MCH ~ 8/9-12 400/D MCH

  7. #17

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    I hope you don't mind me mooching off of your thread, but I have a question involving your same setup. I also have an E8500 on the GA-EP45-UD3P with 4 GB (2x2 GB) Corsair DDR2-1066 MHz RAM. However, the motherboard recognized the E8500 as only having an 8.5x multiplier. Any ideas why that might be?

    I could change the multiplier to 9.5x in the BIOS, but I feel that I shouldn't have to "overclock" my CPU just to get it to stock speeds!!!

    I would REALLY appreciate some insight to this issue as I'm very nervous that I have a bad CPU. Thanks in advance!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    I don't think you would be "overclocking" your CPU if you change your CPU multiplier to 9.5. As long as your CPU Frequency is what your CPU should be, which in your case is 3.16 GHz, then you should be fine.
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 OC'd 3.6 GHz w/ Zalman CNPS 9700 LED Heatsink/Fan
    Video Card - Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512MB)
    Memory - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB
    PSU - Corsaire CMPSU 550W
    HDD - Western Digital Caviar 320GB
    DVDRW - LITEON 22x w/ lightScribe
    Case - CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Grey



  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    Quote Originally Posted by JackSpadesSI View Post
    I hope you don't mind me mooching off of your thread, but I have a question involving your same setup. I also have an E8500 on the GA-EP45-UD3P with 4 GB (2x2 GB) Corsair DDR2-1066 MHz RAM. However, the motherboard recognized the E8500 as only having an 8.5x multiplier. Any ideas why that might be?

    I could change the multiplier to 9.5x in the BIOS, but I feel that I shouldn't have to "overclock" my CPU just to get it to stock speeds!!!

    I would REALLY appreciate some insight to this issue as I'm very nervous that I have a bad CPU. Thanks in advance!
    I hate to state the obvious once again but if your mobo is showing a multiplier of 8.5 instead of the 9.5 it should show, perhaps you have Speed Step enabled? I noticed a similar problem on mine when Speed Step was ramping down the multiplier at idle or low use times. You may or may not be familiar with this but many people such as myself were not. If you are then please disregard this comment....

  10. #20

    Default Re: Overclock GA-EP45-UD3P e8500

    Shouldn't the motherboard be displaying the stock multiplier - not whatever it should be after Speed Step? What would cause it to only display 8.5x (and by the way, the E8500 should be 9.5x - not 9.0x as stated above by somebody)?

    CPU-Z showed my multiplier is only 6.0x at idle (normal with the energy-saving feature) but only 8.5x at 100% load (tested 100% load both with Prime95 and running Crysis at max settings). This should be 9.5x.

    My question is, then, what would make the motherboard only see 8.5x? Don't motherboards auto-detect the stock multiplier for all supported CPUs? The E8500 has been supported by the GA-EP45-UD3P since the initial release.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •