Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-UD3P and RAM

Default EP45-UD3P and RAM

New to the board.
    Building a new box.
    I just got in the mail today a GA-EP45-UD3P and G Skill F2 8500CL5D-4GBPK DDR2-1066 PC2 8500 CL5-5-5-15 2.0-2.1V RAM 2GBx2

The CPU is a Intel E8400

Reading the manual before opening anything up it says the board supports 1.8V RAM. Did I screw up and order the wrong ram? Thought I read that this worked.

I don't plan on ocing, just want a stable system. Will be running XP and Win7 with a WD 500gb Sata drive (or 2..)

Thanks

BillD
    Last edited by dockmaster; 02-14-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Default Re: EP45-UD3P and RAM

You did not screw up, 1.8V is the voltage that normal non-overclocking RAM is specified to run at. 1066 at 5-5-5-15 is not an offcially specified RAM speed and needs more voltage than the normal 1.8V.
    You therefore may need to go into the M.I.T. menu in the BIOS and set the DRAM voltage to 2.0-2.1V. Sometimes the BIOS automatically detects the RAM needs more voltage though so maybe you don't need to adjust. I haven't done enough testing yet to know if it will do so in your case or not so check for yourself.

You can use Everest Ultimate (sensors menu) to check the RAM voltage in WIndows.

Thread Information