Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3R not working?

Default EP45-UD3R not working?

Well I received all my parts yesterday and put everything together. I pressed the power button and noticed that my E8400 stock CPU Fan was not spinning nor did my monitor go on. All the fans are working besides the CPU, None of the USBs are working, and the PCI Express slot doesn't seem to be working either. The HDD is on and the computer turns on but nothing else works. Anybody know what's up or did I forget a wire?

I'm using a 500W power supply, 4GB of Ram, Radeon HD 4850.
    I've already tried the CMOS, different monitor, different graphic card. placing the ram in different slots.

Default Re: EP45-UD3R not working?

What brand is the power supply?

Check whether the memory is properly inserted, and if the 8 Pin conector and 24 pin connector to the mainboard are also properly connected. Also check the 6 Pin connector of the video card.

Its Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W ATX 12V. The 6 pin to the video card is inserted correctly and the memory. the 24 pin connector is already connected. But since you said the 8 Pin connector should be connected, I'm not sure if i have that

It may also be a 4 Pin connector, but either a square 4 pin or an 8 pin needs to be connected somewhere in the top left corner of the motherboard.

I've connected it with a 4 Pin but my monitor still shows no signal and my USBs seem to not work either

Well now it works, seems like i was using the wrong 6 pin for my GPU, thanks alot!

Now it seems that the computer only stays on for couple of seconds

Wrong 6 Pin? It should not be possible to connect the wrong connector to anything...

Can you make pictures of the interior of your case? make them so I can see how the power conenctors are connected please.

I can't see whether the video card is connected, but you said it is^^

Try taking out the sound card, I had issues ones where the sound card caused the PC to fail booting. It may work in the other PCI slot though, but try removing it completely first.

And please list your complete hardware specs the next time you have a hardware problem including things like the sound card. If I hadn't asked for pictures by chance I wouldn't have know you were using one.^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information