Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3R Random Reboots

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3R Random Reboots

Those settings look acceptable as long as Auto tRD (Static tRead Value) is not being set to low. That is acceptable as in should not cause many errors, not acceptable performance wise. Are those the settings giving you issues?

Can you post me a image of this program running so I can see what all those Auto's are giving you >>>
    Tweakers.fr ~ Memset

So, did the New PSU help or not?

You never did answer my question >>
    Same errors with either stick of ram? Is this one at a time both error, with what tests?

Hi Lsdmeasap,

I have not put in the PSU yet. I wanted to try some other options so I can take the PSU back if it's not the issue.

I had the system crash with either stick of RAM. Both sticks tested fine seperately in MEMtest, but when running both on dual channel, MEMtest crashes out and reboots.

I ran ORTHOS last night with the current settings I posted, stressing the CPU and RAM, it ran for 11hrs and 45mins before it failed.

Please see my Memset grab:

Thanks again for the help. I hope I'm getting closer to the problem.

Thanks,

John

I just ran into a thread about Memtest86 3.5 having problems with testing 4gb Dual Channel. That must be why I can't get that to go. I'm going to burn Memtest86+ 2.11 and run that when I get home. That's one less point of frustration.

Also, Orthos crashed this morning after 9 minutes running the Static tRead Value at 10. I changed it to 9 and set it off right before I left for work.

With Orthos running, my cores and MB temps are ranging from 44-46.

Just some additional info.

Thanks,

John

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, 11 Hours of Orthos Blend means you are almost there for sure!

Some users do not even run it that long, I do 24 hours myself, but some accept 8-12 hours as stable so you are pretty close for sure

Temps sound good, so that is not a issue. tRD of 10 would not crash orthos, and if so (Not likely again) 9 would make it worse. Just a FYI there.

Orthos crashes quickly when incorrect voltages are used, if it was a quick crash such as 9 minutes.

What you need to do is yes, use Memtest86+ 2.11 and let that run for 5-10 full passes or overnight and then if no errors you know your ram settings are good. Then once you know that if orthos crashes you know it is NB or CPU Related settings to blame and not memory

Your memset image shows nothing that looks to be causing errors, timings wise I mean. Those are all loose enough for sure that they should not give you issues. Once you get your CPU stable then I can help you set better ram settings as those are not the best performance wise at all (meaning again, they should not be causing your errors)

So it looks to me like you may just need a vcore adjustment or maybe some Vtt or MCH Adjustments and you should be good to go.

I do not think PSU is your issue at all here after hearing you ran orthos for 11 hours. So I would say you can safely return that if you like

If you still have issues or need help knowing what to adjust with your voltages to get stable before we work on better ram settings please post for me the last settings you used that fail and tell me what tests failed and how/how long and I will advise back

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information