Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45T-UD3P Chipset problem possibly?

Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P Chipset problem possibly?

Well, "IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS THAN" is indicating a memory problem. What voltage and timings are you using with that ram?

timing is 9-9-9-24 on timing and 1.5v
    I only get the Bsods when trying to run a game, which the games usually load up and run fine for a little bit, then crash, I know the southbridge on this mobo is right under the GPU on longer vid cards 8800 gts which I have..possibly heat issue?
    Last edited by Trip80; 02-20-2009 at 06:43 AM.

I just reinstalled vista 64 the chipset compatibility problem was not there afterwards, I let windows update then it appeared, so I'm thinking something in the update might be causing a conflict, I have turned of automatic updates atm

Hm, does your Vista DVD have SP1 on it? I think Intel recommends re-isntalling the chipset drivers after installing SP1, so this may be the issue. Just try to isntall the chipset drivers again:
    Software License Agreement

It has SP1 on the dvd, all the updates were, security related and 1 hottfix

Ok here is some pictures of my memory timings, If it's not too much trouble for ya, would ya mind lookin it over and telling me if they look right? I'm a noob when it comes to the advanced timings.

kick is offline Senior Member

1.the ddr3 memory ive no idea on.there are a couple of ep45t posts recently in the forum.
    2. boot in at optimum defaults maybe and reinstall from there.
    3. I do have one (optional) update available from windows,its a realtek driver.i havent used it because the pc seems to work ok.
    4.I have vista 64 sp1 on the dvd already also.
    5.you get a full suite of 32 drivers because there arent that many 64bit programs out there.64 bit progs are put in the programs folder 32 bit programs are put in the programs(x86) folder and as u probly found out too 64bit ie doent work very well :0
    6.I had 64 bit vista installed on the hdd already while using another gigabyte motherboard and i didnt have to reinstall it when i put this machine together.Really helpfull eh :).I just had to renter the product key .
    experiment with not putting in the gigabyte drivers cd till vista is installed? or the other way round?
    Thats all i can think of.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Ok thanks for the info guys, gonna run a memtest over night and see if it comes up with anything and do some more research on ddr3 memory timings. I appreciate your time and Info :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information