Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(




  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    Hi all,

    I'm new to this forum but I came across this post thanks to Google.
    I also have exactly the same problem described with the MS Wireless Desktop 8000 and the GA-EX58 Extreme.
    Installed the keyboard yesterday, while the machine was on, no problem. Switched off last night. This morning when trying to boot it wouldn't even go as far as detecting the CPU. It will keep doing this forever. Tried to switch off completely, no luck. Disconnected the keyboard and it would boot as normal.
    I'm running F5 BIOS. Will try to look at it more closely. Will try to see if this can be reported to Gigabyte/Microsoft!

    Regards...

    EDIT:

    Sorry guys, I've seen this problem is now solved so will try the solution and report back... many thanks
    Last edited by hmhr73; 04-17-2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Fully read the post

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    As for the USB device as suggested earlier you will need to disable Legacy USB Storage Detect if your device is giving you issues at bootup as not all USB Devices will be compatible always. You will HAVE to re-enable this setting later if you want to flash from Qflash via a USB Stick though so keep that in mind.

    Disabling this setting only causes the USB Devices not to be scanned at boot time, they will function normally in windows
    Unfortunately I am having the same problems with my keyboard, but cannot find the "disable legacy USB storage detect" option in BIOS (I'm using the F6 BIOS). I can see the USB keyboard function, USB mouse function and USB storage function options in the integrated peripherals sub-menu of the BIOS but not "disable legacy detect". Can anyone please point me in the right direction, thanks.
    Last edited by MavAV; 04-23-2009 at 03:59 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    Hi all,

    I've read what you all wrote and i have similar problems with the USB (i do not use raid so i dont know if there are any issues there).
    when first bought the EX58-Extreme, it came with F4 and i had a problem which was very funny - when the pc was off and i pressed the on button, the whole pc will turn on for 1 sec, shut itself off for 2 secs and then it will come back on and stay that way. a short discussion with Gigabyte reps, and thei recommended upgrading to F5 (at that time) after doing so, the USB got all crazy - 90% of booting i do the USB will initialize good, the other 10% it wont and no matter what you plug in, it will not be recognized - with the exception of usb wireless mouse.
    since then i upgraded to F6 but the problem is still there.
    i have already convinced myself to replace the motherboard (its quite a hassle to take all apart and then all back again with the new MB) but i am streching it in hope for a new bios update that will miraculusly solve everything...
    any thoughts any1 ?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,183

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    My GA-X48-DS5 Does the whole start for 1 second, then goes off for 2 then starts normally, but only when I turn the power off at the switch on the back and at the wall. if I leave the wall on and just turn the switch on the PSU off it doesnt do it. its done it on all bios versions. I didnt think it was an issue but I might ask the question.
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    What a shame !!!!
    This one realy got me - i was using my pc (with the EX-58 Extreme) this morning - no problems. turn it off and go to work. when i came back, i turn it on again and then there was no sign of any of the onboard GLAN. no matter what i do, reflash to any version, turn on/off disconnect from power - NADA !! no recollection of any LAN. i also noticed they were not listed in the list of devices while booting so i removed power cord, pressed the clear cmos button, removed the battery, wait for a while, and then put all back together and hoops - there they are back, both GLANs. - i am realy starting to loose faith in Gigabyte's reliability - this one out of nowhere plus the USB issue - man this is something!!!

  6. #26
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    Quote Originally Posted by MavAV View Post
    Unfortunately I am having the same problems with my keyboard, but cannot find the "disable legacy USB storage detect" option in BIOS (I'm using the F6 BIOS). I can see the USB keyboard function, USB mouse function and USB storage function options in the integrated peripherals sub-menu of the BIOS but not "disable legacy detect". Can anyone please point me in the right direction, thanks.
    It is here, just named differently in X58 then it was in the past >>



    Quote Originally Posted by yol View Post
    Hi all,

    I've read what you all wrote and i have similar problems with the USB (i do not use raid so i dont know if there are any issues there).
    when first bought the EX58-Extreme, it came with F4 and i had a problem which was very funny - when the pc was off and i pressed the on button, the whole pc will turn on for 1 sec, shut itself off for 2 secs and then it will come back on and stay that way. a short discussion with Gigabyte reps, and thei recommended upgrading to F5 (at that time) after doing so, the USB got all crazy - 90% of booting i do the USB will initialize good, the other 10% it wont and no matter what you plug in, it will not be recognized - with the exception of usb wireless mouse.
    since then i upgraded to F6 but the problem is still there.
    i have already convinced myself to replace the motherboard (its quite a hassle to take all apart and then all back again with the new MB) but i am streching it in hope for a new bios update that will miraculusly solve everything...
    any thoughts any1 ?
    Yes they are working on the booting issue, have you tried the latest Beta and do you update your BIOS Properly? Here is the latest Beta (F7c) and how you should be flashing >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

    Of course if you are using a very high Blck, or unstable settings you may always have this issue.

    Don't feel bad, you are not alone! This is still not corrected in my board either UD4P.

    This only normally appears after a certain Blck, which of course we all almost always use more then that amount of course

    Do you still have this USB Issue? If so, are you using the latest Intel Chipset Drivers? What devices are giving you issues, and exactly what are those issues? And have you tested these devices in each USB Port to be sure it is not just one or two that is funky?

    Quote Originally Posted by yol View Post
    What a shame !!!!
    This one realy got me - i was using my pc (with the EX-58 Extreme) this morning - no problems. turn it off and go to work. when i came back, i turn it on again and then there was no sign of any of the onboard GLAN. no matter what i do, reflash to any version, turn on/off disconnect from power - NADA !! no recollection of any LAN. i also noticed they were not listed in the list of devices while booting so i removed power cord, pressed the clear cmos button, removed the battery, wait for a while, and then put all back together and hoops - there they are back, both GLANs. - i am realy starting to loose faith in Gigabyte's reliability - this one out of nowhere plus the USB issue - man this is something!!!
    Nice to see your got your LAN back, I would suggest you update your drivers to the latest from Realtek >>
    Realtek

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    Yes they are working on the booting issue, have you tried the latest Beta and do you update your BIOS Properly? Here is the latest Beta (F7c) and how you should be flashing >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

    Of course if you are using a very high Blck, or unstable settings you may always have this issue.

    Don't feel bad, you are not alone! This is still not corrected in my board either UD4P.

    This only normally appears after a certain Blck, which of course we all almost always use more then that amount of course

    Do you still have this USB Issue? If so, are you using the latest Intel Chipset Drivers? What devices are giving you issues, and exactly what are those issues? And have you tested these devices in each USB Port to be sure it is not just one or two that is funky?
    Thanks for the input Lsdmeasap. the problem with the bootup was solved with F6 but the USB issue is still there - the problem is seen on my D-Link 7-port USB 2.0 Hub - some times it wont initialize no matter to which of the ports it is connected to - this happens in ~10% of the bootings.
    as per your advise, i have now installed the latest drivers for LAN and chipset. the LAN problem was no driver related as it workd just fine up untill yesterdays sudden missing LAN devices/options in the BIOS. regarding the USB drivers - may be that the new F6 needed different drivers? lets see what happens now after the new chipset drivers.

    regarding the F7c - i always downloaded the BIOS firmware from Gigabyte's site (GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EX58-EXTREME (rev. 1.0)) - their latest version is F6 - where does this F7c come from?

    Thanks again !

  8. #28
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    Some USB Devices are just not fully compatible, all you can do is try the Legacy USB Enabled or disabled or pickup a new USB Device. Or leave it unplugged until you want to use it

    Beta BIOS's are always posted here, in our Sticky on page one which I linked above >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    Hi all,

    I'm facing the same keyboard problems with the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000+8000. The cause doesn't appear to be the hub, but the bluetooth dongle itself. Inserting either the dongle from the 7000 or the 8000 set withouth the USB hub, causes the machine not to go past POST.

    Kind regards,

    Geri

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Multiple probs with GA-EX58 Extreme :(

    Lsdmeasap,

    apparently nothing i done including flashing to F7c helped.
    Last Tuesday i disassembled my machine and took the MB for replacement. i hope the next MB will proof the first one was bad.
    i will post my findings soon as i get the new one.

    thanks anyway !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •