Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP35C-DS3R(Rev 2.1) RAID problems...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP35C-DS3R(Rev 2.1) RAID problems...

Ahh well it is not likely the same issue you are having. Many users corrupt their RAID's or forget to re-enable them after a BIOS flash and that causes that, along with MANY other things.

I am not sure what you could do to fix this issue, other then test some other disks. I guess the easiest way to do that would be to buy 2 different brand, cheap small drives off ebay or somewhere and see how they react to RAID

I had the same problem. Updating the BIOS fixed it.

My system:
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R (rev. 1.1) motherboard, with two drives configured in a RAID 1 Mirror plugged into the ICH10R southbridge (this motherboard has a secondary Gigabyte RAID controller I never tried). The mirror volume is the only storage on the system. It contains the OS (Windows 7 RC 64-bit) and all data.

I could restart the machine over and over without any problems, but if I shutdown and did cold start, the RAID would fail with the same "OFFLINE MEMBER" messages you report.

I was consistently able to get back into Windows with the following workaround:
    1) boot from a Ubuntu Live CD - I'm sure any distro will work
    2) open GParted - this step somehow "wakes up" the HD-MB connection
    3) warm-restart back into windows.
    note: The RAID drives will appear separately in GParted. Ubuntu by default will not recognize Intel's FAKERAID. This is normal -- don't worry about it.

My GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard shipped with an F6 BIOS (dated 2009/01/13). Updating the BIOS to F9 (dated 2009/04/16) completely fixed the problem.

**Important**
    Updating the BIOS will reset "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode" to its default "Disabled." On your first boot after updating the BIOS, remember to change this BIOS setting back to "RAID." I forgot this step and ended up breaking my mirror. No biggie for RAID 1, but I don't know what would happen to an array with striping.

Quote Originally Posted by dallastweakle View Post
    I had the same problem. Updating the BIOS fixed it.

My system:
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R (rev. 1.1) motherboard, with two drives configured in a RAID 1 Mirror plugged into the ICH10R southbridge (this motherboard has a secondary Gigabyte RAID controller I never tried). The mirror volume is the only storage on the system. It contains the OS (Windows 7 RC 64-bit) and all data.

I could restart the machine over and over without any problems, but if I shutdown and did cold start, the RAID would fail with the same "OFFLINE MEMBER" messages you report.

I was consistently able to get back into Windows with the following workaround:
    1) boot from a Ubuntu Live CD - I'm sure any distro will work
    2) open GParted - this step somehow "wakes up" the HD-MB connection
    3) warm-restart back into windows.
    note: The RAID drives will appear separately in GParted. Ubuntu by default will not recognize Intel's FAKERAID. This is normal -- don't worry about it.

My GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard shipped with an F6 BIOS (dated 2009/01/13). Updating the BIOS to F9 (dated 2009/04/16) completely fixed the problem.

**Important**
    Updating the BIOS will reset "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode" to its default "Disabled." On your first boot after updating the BIOS, remember to change this BIOS setting back to "RAID." I forgot this step and ended up breaking my mirror. No biggie for RAID 1, but I don't know what would happen to an array with striping.
    Hello, i solved my problem few days ago.
    First, i flashed my MB with last beta bios(F4) and nothing appened("OFFLINE Members" on cold boot). Then i choosed to remake the raid from zero and finally today all(raid0 and raid1) is ok.

But, now i have the opposite problem with Linux:
    If I boot from Ubuntu 9.04(installed on another hd, out of any raid) and then i restart the pc, i have "OFFLINE members" problem until i turn off the pc and turn on it again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information