Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firewire ports not working (GA-EP45-UD3R)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Firewire ports not working (GA-EP45-UD3R)

I found you these troubleshooting tips, maybe they can help? Without a second device it is hard to know for sure though >>>

FireWire (IEEE 1394) Troubleshooting

I do see sometimes posted that if your firewire device has it's own power connection to try the device with and without that connected as sometimes that can cause issues if the device gets power thru the firewire

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I found you these troubleshooting tips, maybe they can help? Without a second device it is hard to know for sure though >>>

FireWire (IEEE 1394) Troubleshooting

I do see sometimes posted that if your firewire device has it's own power connection to try the device with and without that connected as sometimes that can cause issues if the device gets power thru the firewire

Groovy...thanks for the help on this...I'll be TS'ing tonight when I get outta work. I'll post back findings either way.

Any luck yet? Just wondered how you are getting along with this, sorry I could not offer any real advice on the matter

I haven't had a chance to trouble shoot it yet...stinking "life" getting in the way of my goofing around...

I know the feeling for sure! I have a hard time keeping up here sometimes due to "Life"

So I never got around to truly trouble shooting this, but I did format my HD and install Vista 64 (not cuz of this issue, but figured it would perhaps tell me if it was a software issue...) The issue is still there.

I downloaded SiSoftware Sanda Lite and oddly enough when running it I found the following:

Running the Ports check, under Peripherals, all 75 of the USB ports show up (regardless of whether or not they have something plugged into them).
    HOWEVER...There is no 1394 connection listed in the drop-down menu. I believe this SHOULD be listed here.

Then, when running the Mainboard test, under On-board Devices that controller does show up.

So I'm stumped...and I still don't have another FireWire device to test in this port, but I'm guessing that the fact it doesn't show up in the Ports test, isn't good.

ALL that being said: Can (or has) anyone with this board (ep45-ud3r) run Sandra and confirm whether or not the 1394 port shows up when running the Ports test?

Thanks!

I'm starting to think some of these boards have serious issues with onboard ports. I'm on my second one with bad USB headers, Front audio. I ran into a couple of others on IRC with the same issues. I spent a few days trying this and that and nothing worked on my second board (UD3R) I just decided to use it as a backup and forget the hassle of RMA. ANyway GOOD LUCK!!

I'm wondering if instead of RMA'ing this one (cuz that's a huge time consuming PITA)

...should I just buy another at the place I bought this one...and then RETURN the one that's not working as defective, so it doesn't get sold to anyone else...

All I really want is a friggin mobo that works...

Quote Originally Posted by cutter311 View Post
    So I never got around to truly trouble shooting this, but I did format my HD and install Vista 64 (not cuz of this issue, but figured it would perhaps tell me if it was a software issue...) The issue is still there.

I downloaded SiSoftware Sanda Lite and oddly enough when running it I found the following:

Running the Ports check, under Peripherals, all 75 of the USB ports show up (regardless of whether or not they have something plugged into them).
    HOWEVER...There is no 1394 connection listed in the drop-down menu. I believe this SHOULD be listed here.

Then, when running the Mainboard test, under On-board Devices that controller does show up.

So I'm stumped...and I still don't have another FireWire device to test in this port, but I'm guessing that the fact it doesn't show up in the Ports test, isn't good.

ALL that being said: Can (or has) anyone with this board (ep45-ud3r) run Sandra and confirm whether or not the 1394 port shows up when running the Ports test?

Thanks!
    Do you mean here? You just confuse me since you said 75 USB Ports so I wanted to be sure >>>

If so, then yes I do not have anything show up either

What I did find that shows it is Everest Ultimate >>>

So please check if you see it there in Everest, and of course let me know if you did mean somewhere else in Sandra as well

Great info...Thanks!

I'll pick up Everest and see what I see...but at least I'm optimistic considering that your Sandra test shows the same as mine...

Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information