Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewire ports not working (GA-EP45-UD3R)

Default Firewire ports not working (GA-EP45-UD3R)

So I've had my new system up and running for a few days. I tested all my ports except for my Firewire...which I finally got to a couple of days ago...they no werky. Not the one that I had to attach to the board (pin-by-freaking-pin for some reason) or the ones on the back of my mobo (ep45-ud3r).

Any idears on how to find out what the issue is, or correct it?

Default Re: Firewire ports not working (GA-EP45-UD3R)

Is it enabled in BIOS? Check the device manager to see if there are any driver problems or some other error messages there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Is it enabled in BIOS? Check the device manager to see if there are any driver problems or some other error messages there.
    sorry should have included that info...no errors in Dev Mgr, and it is enabled in the BIOS.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do you have the latest Chipset Drivers from Intel Installed? If not, here they are (Second link from the top) >>>
    Download Search Results

Other then that I don't know what to suggest. You may need to try it with your board removed from the case to see if the I/O panel is causing it to short out

One thing you could try it disabling it in the device manager and then re-enabling it. If that does not work you could try Uninstalling it from the device manager and rebooting and re-installing it from there
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-21-2009 at 04:34 PM.

going to give the latest intel chipset a run...I'll post the results in a bit.

thanks!

I went to install these and got a message that the current files on my system are more recent...I'll try to uninstall and reboot...

no luck...I deleted the Firewire entry in Dev. Mgr. and rebooted, at which time it was reinstalled. There's no '!' showing that there is an issue, but none of the FW ports will recognize my hi-8 camcorder. Unfortunately, I do not have another FW device that I can test with to make sure it's not the camcorder (tho it has worked on another PC of mine w/ a FW port).

I hestitate to Downgrade the inf from intel as I don't REALLY need to have this port working...but its more the principal of the matter =)

I'm still open to other ideas...

Downgrade? That is the latest from Intel I linked, so whatever you have installed may be incorrect whether it is newer or not. Latest is not always best anyway, but sounds to me like you have the wrong version installed anyway as the only newer ones then the one I linked are not for this board.

And as you suspect, it could just be this device? I would try to borrow another firewire device somehow so you can test if it is the board or not

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Do you have the latest Chipset Drivers from Intel Installed? If not, here they are (Second link from the top) >>>
    Download Search Results

Other then that I don't know what to suggest. You may need to try it with your board removed from the case to see if the I/O panel is causing it to short out

One thing you could try it disabling it in the device manager and then re-enabling it. If that does not work you could try Uninstalling it from the device manager and rebooting and re-installing it from there
    I'll have to double check what I had on there before. I think what I did was removed the driver, told dev mgr to reinstall and find it on the web...it pulled one w/ a later rev #. Regardless, I've DL'ed & installed the one from the Intel link and still no change on either FW port (one off the back of the mobo, and one that I wire up from the case)

I think what I am going to do is remove the connections that I made (from the front panel of the case to the mobo...those were a total PITA) Wondering if those could be causing the issue w/ the port on the back plane of the board.

Also I was wondering if there is any sort of diagnostic software out there that can test ports...Maybe something inc on the gigabyte disc, or on the net somplace that peeps use to trouble shoot "stuff" like this...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information