Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45T-DS3R - Tweaking settings.

Default GA-EP45T-DS3R - Tweaking settings.

Here are my Gigabyte EP45T-DS3R Settings, along with my E8400 & Patriot Extreme Performance memory (PC3-10666 @ 1216mhz currently)

Timings 7-7-7-18 @ 1216mhz, 1.8v - Best I can do with my divider options, unless there is a way to unlink them completely.

I am just wondering if all of these voltages are safe for my current setup. I know not to exceed 1.45v CPU VTT for 24/7 use, and not to exceed 1.3625 vCore for the CPU, it reads 1.344v in CPU-z.

Is there anything I could tweak to ensure stability? It currently passes Intel Burn test @ 20 passes, max temp is 72*C - intel max for 45nm is 72c and considering I'll never get loads like IBT, its safe enough for me. Max temps in Prime95 is like 60c.

Code:
    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 9
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.0
    CPU Frequency ...........................: 4.1GHz

Clock Chip Control 
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 456 MHz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........: 100 MHz

C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
    CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< Stock
    PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< Stock
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<< Stock
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<< Stock

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [Standard]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: <<< Dont have this option
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [400 MHz]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 2.66D (3:4)
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 1216 MHz
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................7
    tRCD .........................................7
    tRP'...........................................7
    tRAS..........................................18

Motherboard Voltage Control
    Voltage Type.………... Manual
    CPU Vcore….……….........................: 1.39375v (1.344v in CPU-z)
    CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......: <<< 1.42v
    CPU PLL…………………....1.500V*.......: <<< 1.5v
    CPU Reference…………....0.755V*.......: <<< Auto (ET6 Reports .76)

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 1.4v
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Auto
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Auto
    ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: <<< 1.5v
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< Don't have this option

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: 1.8v
    DRAM Termination .…0.900V............: <<< Auto
    Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< Auto
    Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< Auto

Advanced Settings
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [N/A] <<< Don't remember what this is set at, may be disabled or enabled
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45T-DS3R - Tweaking settings.

Can you please link me to your memory, and tell me if you are using 2x1 or 2x2?

I see you left out many settings, if that means they are in Auto then yes there is some things you can tweak on the memory side of things for sure for better performance.

These are which I mean >>>

Code:
    Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................
    tWTR..........................................
    tWR............................................
    tRFC...........................................
    tRTP...........................................
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2

Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ............................

Channel A
    Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto 
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto 
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps

Channel B
    Your Vtt looks a bit high, especially if you only need that much vcore. I would say you can lower Vtt, and you should setup your MCH Ref voltage as well. Set your Vtt to stock 1.20 and then set MCH Ref Manually to .70 and then go raise Vtt back to where you want it and MCH Ref will adjust accordingly by itself. You may need to try out a few %'s so keep that in mind. Just always put Vtt back to stock, then adjust MCH Ref and then go raise Vtt back to what you want to use. .685-.73 is normally better, I found .70 to work best on my board with a E3110 (Same as E8400) but all boards and CPU's are different so you will need to test a few ranges likely

Are you tweaking for real application performance or just for fun? If you're tweaking fo performance you'll be disappointed, try running real game benchmarks like the Crysis benchmark (also works in the Demo!) and you won't notice much of a difference between fully tweaked and relaxed Auto settings unfortunately (at least I didn't a while back between DDR2 800 and DDR2 1000 4-4-4-12 and DDR2 1200 5-5-5-18).

Temps sound comfortable to me. You may run into problems in the summer if you don't have AC but right now thsoe are settings I would eb comfortable with running 24/7.

You could still try to lower CPU VTT though by tweaking the CPU Reference voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Temps sound comfortable to me. You may run into problems in the summer if you don't have AC but right now thsoe are settings I would eb comfortable with running 24/7.

You could still try to lower CPU VTT though by tweaking the CPU Reference voltage.
    I am just tweaking settings for fun kind of, and want it to be as stable as possible with the lowest voltages possible at my current overclock. Lowering the CPU VTT was one of my concerns, I'd like to keep it at 1.4v or lower if at all possible, but 1.42v will be fine if it requires that to keep my 4.1ghz oc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Can you please link me to your memory, and tell me if you are using 2x1 or 2x2?

I see you left out many settings, if that means they are in Auto then yes there is some things you can tweak on the memory side of things for sure for better performance.

These are which I mean >>>

Code:
    Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................
    tWTR..........................................
    tWR............................................
    tRFC...........................................
    tRTP...........................................
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2

Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ............................

Channel A

Channel B
    Your Vtt looks a bit high, especially if you only need that much vcore. I would say you can lower Vtt, and you should setup your MCH Ref voltage as well. Set your Vtt to stock 1.20 and then set MCH Ref Manually to .70 and then go raise Vtt back to where you want it and MCH Ref will adjust accordingly by itself. You may need to try out a few %'s so keep that in mind. Just always put Vtt back to stock, then adjust MCH Ref and then go raise Vtt back to what you want to use. .685-.73 is normally better, I found .70 to work best on my board with a E3110 (Same as E8400) but all boards and CPU's are different so you will need to test a few ranges likely
    All of those settings that you just linked in the code wrapping are set to Auto - thats why I left them out, yeah. And of course I'd like to use the lowest voltages possible to keep my current settings.

I was reading your thread on mch/cpu refs, but I was just totally confused about it, I will try the settings above you said and see what comes of it and some tweaking and report back. I appreciate both your help / support.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorC View Post
    All of those settings that you just linked in the code wrapping are set to Auto - thats why I left them out, yeah. And of course I'd like to use the lowest voltages possible to keep my current settings.

I was reading your thread on mch/cpu refs, but I was just totally confused about it, I will try the settings above you said and see what comes of it and some tweaking and report back. I appreciate both your help / support.
    Sorry, forgot to link my ram...

It's 2x1GB Sticks...

I googled my ram and this looks similiar to what is posted on my stickers....9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v

Amazon.com: Patriot PDC34G1333ELK Extreme Performance PC3-10666 DDR3 1333MHz 4GB CAS 9-9-9-24 Enhanced Latency Dual Channel Kit (Silver): Electronics

Just tried your suggestion....setting cpu vtt to 1.2v then setting mch ref to .70 and then upping cpu vtt back to 1.42v and it auto put mch ref to .734 - computer wouldn't boot up....went to windows vista loading then entering power save and rebooted....

I think 1.4x Vtt is what to much, that may be the issue. Try what you mentioned above with .73 MCH Ref instead of .70 and then raise Vtt back but this time only to 1.34-1.38

I would also test this will lower MCH Voltage, as you may only need 1.26-1.34

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I think 1.4x Vtt is what to much, that may be the issue. Try what you mentioned above with .73 MCH Ref instead of .70 and then raise Vtt back but this time only to 1.34-1.38

I would also test this will lower MCH Voltage, as you may only need 1.26-1.34
    ok, I was able to set it to .74 mch ref in the bios with the cpu vtt set to 1.2v

then I went back and upped the cpu vtt to 1.34v, put mch core @ 1.34v as well. This made my MCH Ref @ .80 something, but in ET6 in windows vista.... it reads .72?

I am able to fully load into windows and use the internet so far with no bsods, haven't stress tested it yet though. I am wondering if tweaking CPU Reference would be beneficial as well? I don't know how to do that though...will this possibly enable me to overclock further as well?

What is the max mch ref / cpu ref you would want to use? or does it not matter as long as you don't exceed the CPU VTT (Termination voltaged) stated by intel? which is 1.45v

Easytune will show what you set for MCH Ref when Vtt is at stock, so you must have set .72 with Vtt at stock. When you set MCH Ref with Vtt at stock, then raise Vtt MCH Ref will change automatically. And ET will show the value you set with Vtt at stock.

I will go update my Link in my Signature about this, from my P45-DS4P review. I have images and many settings shown.

So please see the link in my signature
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/how-...asytune-29746/

If you are reading this now, give me one second to update the post

There is no max MCH Ref so to speak, it is a reference voltage not a voltage that is in use as a actual applied voltage. I find that 68-73 worked best in my board, but all boards are different so you will need to do your own testing to see what it best for your setup.

I would start my tests at .68, then .70 and so on.

Vtt voltage is only connected to MCH Ref, that 1.45 max value applies to Vtt not MCH Ref. And yes, do not go above 1.45 Vtt, and really until you hit 533+ FSB you should not need more then 1.34-1.36 Vtt anyway
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-26-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information