Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot problem @ Gigabyte UD5 X 58 while OC'

Default Re: Boot problem @ Gigabyte UD5 X 58 while OC'

Right now, with settings in my sig and Bios F3, I get a dual cold boot 100% of the time.
    I have read multiple times that this is "normal", and that is how the board applies OC'd settings!? Not sure about that, but as far as I can tell it does not have any negative side effects :)

F6a as well as F4j/m fix this for me, but S3 sleep does not always work so I stick to F3.

P.s. Grats on the X58 LSD. I hope GB donated it....
    Have you tried a BIOS that still has TDP limit for your board? I am trying to get this feature as an on/off option in the BIOS. Maybe if you try it (and like it) Gigabyte will add it :)
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Hi. I still have the problem with my ud5 board. I use corsair dominator 1600 3Gb ram in triple channel, I seem to have fixed it by changing the auto setting for the ram to manual, input the correct timings for the ram, I then had to change the voltage to 1.64 as there is no 1.65 in manual settings, and then change the qpi voltage to 1.26. The xmp voltage for the ram was 1.65 for ram and 1.35 for the qpi. My system is now stable and boots first time every time. Try this and you may find it helps.

Why dont I get the doubble boot, while the cpu is not overclocked?

If I only change the BLCK and make every option auto, then i get a stable machine right?

Right now my CPU is i7 920 @ 2,66 ghz, and my ram is OCZ 1866 DDR3 6gb.

Shall I manually go into BIOS and put ram at 1866, and change to their right latencies? 9-9-9-28

Hi. Yours seems better than mine. My cpu is not overclocked and I get the double boot on auto setting for the xmp. Just try the qpi voltage, this seemed to be the problem with mine, if it is set to 1.35 with your xmp setting under auto, just change it to below 1.3 mine would boot normally below this and the best setting I found was 1.26. Leave the xmp set to auto and change the voltage at the bottom of screen in the bios, it may work. If no success just change it back.

Should I try to OC with Easy Tune? How good is that program for OC?

And is the option where u OC to 3,2 ghz on a i7 920 awesome?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by C3D76 View Post
    P.s. Grats on the X58 LSD. I hope GB donated it....
    Have you tried a BIOS that still has TDP limit for your board? I am trying to get this feature as an on/off option in the BIOS. Maybe if you try it (and like it) Gigabyte will add it :)
    Thanks!

Ya it came from Gigabyte. They sent me a GA-EX58-UD4P and a i7 920.

And Crucial sent me a set of 3x2GB Blue Tracers, very cool >>>
    BL3KIT25664TB1608 - 6GB kit (2GBx3), Ballistix Tracer 240-pin DIMM (with LEDs) , DDR3 PC3-12800 from Crucial.com

Video of them in action (not mine of course) >>>
    YouTube - Crucial Ballistix Tracer

As for the TDP, yes every BIOS I have tested so far (Trying to solve a few issues for my board, Double/Triple boot, and I cannot at any speed or voltage manually set tWR) and they ALL have it. I have used F5, F6b,c,d,e, and F7a. I hate this feature for sure, had me confused for a while as I did not know why it was dropping a multi

I am 99% certain my board is faulty due to this tWR issue, no matter what is set on reboot I am presented with the TPM reconfiguration page. I may have to see if they will send me a replacement or just wait for the next round of boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas16 View Post
    Why dont I get the doubble boot, while the cpu is not overclocked?

If I only change the BLCK and make every option auto, then i get a stable machine right?

Right now my CPU is i7 920 @ 2,66 ghz, and my ram is OCZ 1866 DDR3 6gb.

Shall I manually go into BIOS and put ram at 1866, and change to their right latencies? 9-9-9-28

With a 920 you cannot run your ram at 1866. To even run 1600 you will have to run a 200 Bclk
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-21-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Haha do Companies donate everything for you :P?

Btw is Easy Tune good for overclocking or should I do it all in BIOS?

You say that ur 4UP is not eligble to function, so you want another board? How can you say, that it is not the same about my board?

No they do not donate everything for me, I wish they did that would be great. I buy 1000's of $$ of my own Equipment for sure. I just was not going to be able to get the $$ for X58 setup for quite sometime and Mr.Tweak was aware of this and contacted the proper people to help me out so that I may continue to be able to offer the best of support to all our users here.

You should do all overclocking in the BIOS.

I think I have found the problem with my tWR setting for my board, it is incorrectly labeled and is really tWTP. I have sent in this info with my images and findings and hopefully it will be corrected.

As for the double/triple start issues and your board vs my board that is no comparision as each model will have it's own BIOS and need separate fixes and tweaks until each is properly corrected.

My board issues and yours have nothing to do with each other. And the double/triple start is for sure fixed in the F6a BIOS for this board so if you are still having the issue then your settings are likely not correct

When can I expect the new BIOS to be out in a TRUE version and not a BETA? :) You got any clue about that ;) ?

Btw. when i flash a BIOS, shall I then delete the old one, or just overwrite it with the new one?

Sometime soon I would imagine.

Not sure what you are asking about old vs new BIOS there? When you flash you should flash, then load optimized defaults and save/apply and reboot.

If you are asking about a Quad BIOS feature like deleting your Backup BIOS that is all up to you, but I would not keep the same BIOS in each chip, and I would for sure keep two in there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information