Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R USB Ports problem

Default GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R USB Ports problem

Hello, just installed the new board and ran into a few issues. My webcam will not work with the front (case) USB ports but work fine with the ports on the back of motherboard. Also I notice the HDD LED is not working. I checked the connections all seem to be correct. Running E8500, 2x2gb of Mush, 750w pc power and cooling PSU. Two seagate 500gb drives.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R USB Ports problem

Sounds like you may have connected a few things wrong.

QUICKLY Check this USB thing out!!!

Some users have reported to have plugged in their front panel USB Plugs into the Firewire port, BE SURE YOU DID NOT. If you did, please correct this now and pray your board is ok.

The USB ports should be Two Yellow ones, and the Firewire is a single grey port

If you did not, then you may be fine, your case may just not support USB 2.0. You do have USB 1.1 and 2.0 enabled in the BIOS right, just checking?

You do have the latest Intel chipset drivers installed right? If not you can get them here (Second Link from the top EXE File) >>>
    Download Search Results

About your HD LED, did you try reversing the wires? You do have it connected into the same section of the front panel header as the case power on switch right? It should go here just to be sure >>>

Have you used this case before? Just checking to see if you know for sure or not if the LED is good
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-21-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Sounds like you may have connected a few things wrong.

QUICKLY Check this USB thing out!!!

Some users have reported to have plugged in their front panel USB Plugs into the Firewire port, BE SURE YOU DID NOT. If you did, please correct this now and pray your board is ok.

The USB ports should be Two Yellow ones, and the Firewire is a single grey port

If you did not, then you may be fine, your case may just not support USB 2.0. You do have USB 1.1 and 2.0 enabled in the BIOS right, just checking?

You do have the latest Intel chipset drivers installed right? If not you can get them here (Second Link from the top EXE File) >>>
    Download Search Results

About your HD LED, did you try reversing the wires? You do have it connected into the same section of the front panel header as the case power on switch right? It should go here just to be sure >>>

Have you used this case before? Just checking to see if you know for sure or not if the LED is good
    Yeah I checked the connection they were correct, yes I used the case before. I found out the ports from motherboard to case are 1.0 and not 2.0 supported. I think the board may be shorted some how against the case or bad motherboard.
    I just used the chipset drivers off the GIGABYTE site.
    Last edited by man00; 02-21-2009 at 07:25 PM.

That would be the case that is 1.0 then as the board is for sure 2.0

Is it out outside of the case off the tray? Just thinking about your shorting comment.

Do you have any other USB Cable that you could connect to that header to check outside of the case to see if it is working?

No shorted motherboard. USB ports on the case are 2.0...looking more like a bad board since it also has the HDD LED problem.
    Last edited by man00; 02-25-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Very well could be? Did you reverse the HD Led to see if that matters?

Very well could be? Did you reverse the HD Led to see if that matters?
    Yeah that was one of the first things I did to check the HD LED another thing I starting to think about half the motherboards from newegg have been returned once...this will be the third mobo will problems and all I could see that they had been used..one had cigarette ashes in the user manual.,,heh

Quote Originally Posted by man00 View Post
    Yeah that was one of the first things I did to check the HD LED another thing I starting to think about half the motherboards from newegg have been returned once...this will be the third mobo will problems and all I could see that they had been used..one had cigarette ashes in the user manual.,,heh<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://ancientnovels.com/general/100-ways-to-use-your-ipod-to-learn-and-study-better/?tracker=3248"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://ancientnovels.com/general/100-ways-to-use-your-ipod-to-learn-and-study-better/?tracker=3248" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
    What, really? Lol
    Last edited by criteriadan; 03-06-2009 at 10:48 PM.

No kidding! I would be making a Very upset phone call and demand a New Board be shipped out in advanced, and a shipping label to return the USED Board be emailed to you.

They will do this, as I have called and had similar things cross-shipped to me several times. A email is not the way to do that though, phone call only.

No kidding! I would be making a Very upset phone call and demand a New Board be shipped out in advanced, and a shipping label to return the USED Board be emailed to you.

They will do this, as I have called and had similar things cross-shipped to me several times. A email is not the way to do that though, phone call only.
    I called them today, they will ship out another one once they get information from UPS that the bad one is on the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information