Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45C-DS3R Audio crackle

Default EP45C-DS3R Audio crackle

Hi guys,

I am having trouble getting this board to behave. Im not sure exactly what is causing it, but here is the problem.

Whenever I play anything on my PC that has sound, the sound gets distorted while being output - this is intermittent and is really annoying. I cant pin it on anything - I have tried Vista x86, x64, Windows 7 - all 3 after clean installs result in the problem being there from first boot.

Ive tried removing my overclock entirely, from 3.2 to 2.4 (Q6600), resetting mobo to optimal settings, all kinds of drivers for audio - the one on the site, CD, and the latest from realtek, all the same problem. Ive even put in an old Audigy 2 ZS PCI card, SAME PROBLEM!

So if its not software based - and not the card/codec, what on earth could it be? One thing is that it seems to have gotten better since I removed USB devices to the point that all I have is a Mouse/KB installed, and unplug 2 of my 3 hard disks leaving just the system drive to boot. Its better, but not gone.

Default Re: EP45C-DS3R Audio crackle

Hi, maybe the program they mention in this post will help you indentify the problem:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/dpc-...x58-ud5-30547/
    "Hey, no problem :) I should thank you for your post.
    I would never have found DCP Latency checker, or why my mp3's were sometimes "skipping" :p."

The "skipping" I refer to sounds like crackling.
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Cool - thanks I will try that, looks promising! I will let you know my results.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Could also be interference with from your PSU or video card. Hopefully some others with better knowledge of this will chime in to offer help.

DPC issues have all been corrected in P45 models, so this should not be the issue provided you are using the latest BIOS and loaded optimized defaults and save/apply after you flashed to it

That post ref you gave fixed it!

The current version of DES Advanced is flawed if you turn it on. It causes the audio to constantly "sputter" and crackle - for people who find this post, in summary, reinstall DES Advanced if you have uninstalled. Run it, turn ON DES, try to close the window and it will ask you do you want to run in STEALTH mode. Say NO to this, close and uninstall - its now permanately off!

C3D76, thanks for that!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you found the issue, and thanks for posting back your findings for others!

Thread Information