Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 322

Thread: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages




  1. #211

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Quote Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
    Anyone update to F11 BIOS yet that's OC'ing?
    Bump
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R (rev 1.1, bios F12), E8400 @ 3.83Ghz, Xigmatek S1283, 2x2Gb OCZ2RPR11504GK Reaper PC2-9500 HPC 1150Mhz, PNY 9600 GSO 768MB PCI-e OC , CoolerMaster 590, WinXP SP3 32bit and Win7 Pro 64 Bit (swappable HDD's via Icy Dock)


  2. #212

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Anyone? Update F11.

    How about sharing specs on getting over 4Ghz on this mb? I've been provided with spreadsheets, etc., but this doesn't really help me as I don't know how to properly use this info.

    Also, is it recommended to enable Virtual Machine in the BIOS when using Virtual PC 2007? Can you still OC just fine? I want to install Windows 7 this way to play with it.
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R (rev 1.1, bios F12), E8400 @ 3.83Ghz, Xigmatek S1283, 2x2Gb OCZ2RPR11504GK Reaper PC2-9500 HPC 1150Mhz, PNY 9600 GSO 768MB PCI-e OC , CoolerMaster 590, WinXP SP3 32bit and Win7 Pro 64 Bit (swappable HDD's via Icy Dock)


  3. #213
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Quote Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
    Anyone? Update F11.

    How about sharing specs on getting over 4Ghz on this mb? I've been provided with spreadsheets, etc., but this doesn't really help me as I don't know how to properly use this info.

    Also, is it recommended to enable Virtual Machine in the BIOS when using Virtual PC 2007? Can you still OC just fine? I want to install Windows 7 this way to play with it.
    Since you already have setting, as I understand it would any more make any difference? Start your own thread, post your setting, what have you tried so so far and people may be able to advise.
    There threads OCing E8500 on the X48, different board, principles are the same, you may want to read them.

    Virtualization Technolody must be enabled for Windows 7 Virtual PC. I don't see any reason it should be a problem to overclock when it is enabled, and if stability tests pass on a virtual machine you have probably done everything right.

  4. #214

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Since you already have setting, as I understand it would any more make any difference? Start your own thread, post your setting, what have you tried so so far and people may be able to advise.
    There threads OCing E8500 on the X48, different board, principles are the same, you may want to read them.

    Virtualization Technolody must be enabled for Windows 7 Virtual PC. I don't see any reason it should be a problem to overclock when it is enabled, and if stability tests pass on a virtual machine you have probably done everything right.
    I'm going to hang here before starting another thread. In this thread we've already been discussing this for some time. If it continues to be slow then I'll start a new one fairly soon.
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R (rev 1.1, bios F12), E8400 @ 3.83Ghz, Xigmatek S1283, 2x2Gb OCZ2RPR11504GK Reaper PC2-9500 HPC 1150Mhz, PNY 9600 GSO 768MB PCI-e OC , CoolerMaster 590, WinXP SP3 32bit and Win7 Pro 64 Bit (swappable HDD's via Icy Dock)


  5. #215
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Quote Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
    How about sharing specs on getting over 4Ghz on this mb? I've been provided with spreadsheets, etc., but this doesn't really help me as I don't know how to properly use this info.
    I thought I gave you a starter bios template and spreadsheet to work with. What exactly have you tried?
    1) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @445x9@1.2625v bios, TRUE 120, Scythe UltraKaze 44cfm, 4x2gb GSkill 8500, Visiontek 3870, Corsair TX850, Antec 900, Win7-64 Home.
    2) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @500x8.5@1.2875v bios, TRUE 120, Schythe UltraKaze 44 cfm, 4x2gb Buffalo FireStyx 8500, XFX 5770, Corsair AX850, CM Scout, WinXP Pro/Win 7-64 Home.
    3) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (rev 1.0, bios F5) i5 750 @190x20@1.30625v bios, CM Hyper 212+, 4x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1600, 7900GS, Corsair TX750, CM Scout, Win7 Pro-64.
    4) Asus P8Z68-V Pro (bios 0801), i5-2500K @44x100@1.248v cpuz, Megahalem rev.B, 4x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600, Corsair AX850, Antec 902, Corsair Performance 3 128GB, Win7-64 Home.


  6. #216

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Quote Originally Posted by BoombasticSloth View Post
    I thought I gave you a starter bios template and spreadsheet to work with. What exactly have you tried?
    Yes, but this is my first OC'ing. Plus being self employed it's hard to commit the time, I think, is necessary to get this right. I don't want to screw anything up and when I opened the spreadsheet I felt like I was in over my head.
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R (rev 1.1, bios F12), E8400 @ 3.83Ghz, Xigmatek S1283, 2x2Gb OCZ2RPR11504GK Reaper PC2-9500 HPC 1150Mhz, PNY 9600 GSO 768MB PCI-e OC , CoolerMaster 590, WinXP SP3 32bit and Win7 Pro 64 Bit (swappable HDD's via Icy Dock)


  7. #217
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Here is a starter bios template. I made it easier for you to try.
    Good luck.


    Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio .......................: [ 9]
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio...................: +0.0
    CPU Frequency .........................: 4.005GHz
    
    Clock Chip Control
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control.................: [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 445Mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) ...........: 100
    
    C.I.A.2 ...............................: [Disabled]
    
    Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
    CPU Clock Drive........................: 800mV
    PCI Express Clock Drive................: 900mV
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: 0ps
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)....................: 0ps
    
    DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance....................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)........: [Disabled]
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch.................: Auto
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 2.00D
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ................: 890
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]
    
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time.......................: 5
    tRCD ..................................: 6
    tRP'...................................: 6
    tRAS...................................: 18
    
    Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...................................: 5
    tWTR...................................: 5
    tWR....................................: 8
    tRFC...................................: 54
    tRTP...................................: 5
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................: 2
    
    Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ......................: 1066
    
    Channel A
    Static tRead Value.....................: 11 ( just for starters, I know I suggested 8-10 before, but just try 11 to be on the safe side. You can tweak it lower later.)
    tRD Phase0 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    
    Trd2rd(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 6
    Twr2wr(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 6
    Twr2rd(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 5
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank).................: [Auto] 8
    
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............: [Auto]
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............: [Auto]
    DDR Write Training.....................: [Auto]
    
    Channel B
    Static tRead Value.....................: 11
    tRD Phase0 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 1 (odd as it's not 0 and set to auto)
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    
    Trd2rd(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 6
    Twr2wr(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 6
    Twr2rd(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 5
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank).................: [Auto] 8
    
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............: [Auto]
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............: [Auto]
    DDR Write Training.....................: [Auto]
    
    Motherboard Voltage Control
    Voltage Type...........................: [Manual]
    CPU---------------------Normal-----------Current
    Load Line Calibration..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Vcore...............1.25000V.......:   1.325v
    CPU Termination.........1.200V.........: 1.24V
    CPU PLL.................1.500V.........: 1.57v
    CPU Reference...........0.760V.........: [Auto] 
    
    MCH/ICH
    MCH Core................1.100V.........:  1.24v
    MCH Reference...........0.760V.........: 0.785v +- 
    MCH/DRAM Reference......0.900V.........: [Auto]
    ICH I/O.................1.500V.........: 1.570V
    ICH Core................1.100V.........: 1.200V
    
    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage............1.800V.........: 2.200V
    DRAM Termination........0.900V.........: [Auto]
    Channel A Reference.....0.900V.........: [Auto]
    Channel B Reference.....0.900V.........: [Auto]
    __________________
    Last edited by BoombasticSloth; 10-19-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    1) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @445x9@1.2625v bios, TRUE 120, Scythe UltraKaze 44cfm, 4x2gb GSkill 8500, Visiontek 3870, Corsair TX850, Antec 900, Win7-64 Home.
    2) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @500x8.5@1.2875v bios, TRUE 120, Schythe UltraKaze 44 cfm, 4x2gb Buffalo FireStyx 8500, XFX 5770, Corsair AX850, CM Scout, WinXP Pro/Win 7-64 Home.
    3) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (rev 1.0, bios F5) i5 750 @190x20@1.30625v bios, CM Hyper 212+, 4x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1600, 7900GS, Corsair TX750, CM Scout, Win7 Pro-64.
    4) Asus P8Z68-V Pro (bios 0801), i5-2500K @44x100@1.248v cpuz, Megahalem rev.B, 4x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600, Corsair AX850, Antec 902, Corsair Performance 3 128GB, Win7-64 Home.


  8. #218

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post
    <o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="Street"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="address"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PersonName"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
    ******************************
    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    ******************************
    Robust Graphics Booster ..............: [A]
    CPU Clock Ratio ......................: [9X]
    x Fine CPU Clock Ratio................: +0.0
    CPU Frequency ........................: 4.50GHz( 500x9)
    <o:p> </o:p>
    ********** Clock Chip Control ********
    <o:p> </o:p>
    >>>>> Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control................: [Enabled]
    x CPU Host Frequency(Mhz).............: [500]
    PCI Express Frequency(Mhz)............: [100]
    C.I.A.2...............................: [Disabled]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    >>>>> Advanced Clock Control..........: [Press Enter]
    <st1:street><st1:address>CPU Clock Drive</st1:address></st1:street>.......................: [800mV]
    <st1:street><st1:address>PCI Express Clock Drive</st1:address></st1:street>...............: [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew........................: [ 0ps]
    MCH Clock Skew........................: [ 0ps]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    ******** DRAM Performance Control ********
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Performance Enhance...................: [Standard]
    Extreme <st1:personname>Me</st1:personname>mory Profile(X.M.P.)........: [Disabled]
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch................: [Auto]
    System <st1:personname>Me</st1:personname>mory Multiplier (SPD)........: [2.00D]
    <st1:personname>Me</st1:personname>mory Frequency(Mhz).....800.........: 1000
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)..........: [Manual]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    >>>>> Standard Timing Control
    x CAS Latency Time................5...: [ 5]
    x tRCD ...........................5...: [ 5]
    x tRP.............................5...: [ 5]
    x tRAS...........................18...: [15]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    >>>>> Advanced Timing Control.........: [Press Enter]
    x tRRD............................3...: [ 3]
    x tWTR............................3...: [ 3 (11 in Windows)]
    x tWR.............................6...: [ 5 (14 in Windows)]
    x tRFC...........................52...: [48]
    x tRTP............................3...: [ 1 (4 in Windows)]
    x Command Rate (CMD) .............0...: [ 2]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    >>>>> Channel A Timing Settings.......: [Press Enter]
    x Static tRead Value.............10...: [9]
    x tRD Phase0 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase1 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase3 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    x Trd2rd(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2wr(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2rd(Different Rank)..........5...: Auto
    x Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..........8...: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    x DIMM1 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DIMM2 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DDR Write Training..................: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    >>>>> Channel A Driving Settings......: [Press Enter]
    x Driving Strength Profile............: [1066MHz]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    x Data Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Up level...........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Up Level...........: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    x Data Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Down level.........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Down Level.........: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    >>>>> Channel B Timing Settings.......: [Press Enter]
    x Static tRead Value.............10...: [9]
    x tRD Phase0 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase1 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase3 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    x Trd2rd(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2wr(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2rd(Different Rank)..........5...: Auto
    x Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..........8...: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    x DIMM1 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DIMM2 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DDR Write Training..................: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    >>>>> Channel B Driving Settings......: [Press Enter]
    x Driving Strength Profile............: [1066MHz]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    x Data Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Up level...........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Up Level...........: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    x Data Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Down level.........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Down Level.........: Auto
    <o:p> </o:p>
    ****** Motherboard Voltage Control ******
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Voltage Types..........<st1:city><st1:place>Normal</st1:place></st1:city>...........Current
    -----------------------------------------------
    >>> CPU
    Load-Line Calibration.................: [Enabled]
    CPU Vcore..............1.27500V.......: [1.4V (1.38V in Windows)]
    CPU Termination........1.200V.........: [1.300V]
    CPU PLL................1.500V.........: [1.59V]
    CPU Reference..........0.760V.........: [.745 (When VTT is set to 1.2V)]
    >>> MCH/ICH
    MCH Core...............1.100V.........: [1.360V]
    MCH Reference..........0.760V.........: [.74 (When VTT is set to 1.2V)]
    MCH/DRAM Reference.....0.900V.........: [1.05]
    ICH I/O................1.500V.........: [1.5V]
    ICH Core...............1.100V.........: [1.1V]
    >>> DRAM
    DRAM Voltage...........1.800V.........: [2.12V (2.11 in Windows)]
    DRAM Termination.......0.900V.........: [1.05]
    Channel A Reference....0.900V.........: [1.05]
    Channel B Reference....0.900V.........: [1.05]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    ******** Advanced BIOS Features ********
    Hard Disk Boot Priority...............: [Press Enter]
    First Boot Device.....................: [HDD]
    Second Boot Device....................: [Disabled]
    Third Boot Device.....................: [Disabled]
    Password Check........................: [Setup]
    HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability.............: [Enabled]
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute <st1:personname>Me</st1:personname>mory Protect.............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)...............: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support................: Disabled
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.....................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology.............: [Disabled]
    Delay For HDD (Secs)..................: [ 0]
    Full Screen LOGO Show.................: [Disabled]
    Init Display First....................: [PEG]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    ******** Integrated Peripherals ********
    USB Keyboard Function.................: [Disabled]
    USB Mouse Function....................: [Disabled]
    USB Storage Function..................: [Disabled]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    You still running strong at 4.5Ghz? Any changes to the BIOS settings above? That's an older post. Any BIOS updates running at this speed?
    Last edited by SBMongoos; 10-19-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R (rev 1.1, bios F12), E8400 @ 3.83Ghz, Xigmatek S1283, 2x2Gb OCZ2RPR11504GK Reaper PC2-9500 HPC 1150Mhz, PNY 9600 GSO 768MB PCI-e OC , CoolerMaster 590, WinXP SP3 32bit and Win7 Pro 64 Bit (swappable HDD's via Icy Dock)


  9. #219

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Quote Originally Posted by BoombasticSloth View Post
    Here is a starter bios template. I made it easier for you to try.
    Good luck.


    Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio .......................: [ 9]
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio...................: +0.0
    CPU Frequency .........................: 4.005GHz
    
    Clock Chip Control
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control.................: [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 445Mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) ...........: 100
    
    C.I.A.2 ...............................: [Disabled]
    
    Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
    CPU Clock Drive........................: 800mV
    PCI Express Clock Drive................: 900mV
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: 0ps
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)....................: 0ps
    
    DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance....................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)........: [Disabled]
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch.................: Auto
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 2.00D
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ................: 890
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]
    
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time.......................: 5
    tRCD ..................................: 6
    tRP'...................................: 6
    tRAS...................................: 18
    
    Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...................................: 5
    tWTR...................................: 5
    tWR....................................: 8
    tRFC...................................: 54
    tRTP...................................: 5
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................: 2
    
    Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ......................: 1066
    
    Channel A
    Static tRead Value.....................: 11 ( just for starters, I know I suggested 8-10 before, but just try 11 to be on the safe side. You can tweak it lower later.)
    tRD Phase0 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    
    Trd2rd(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 6
    Twr2wr(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 6
    Twr2rd(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 5
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank).................: [Auto] 8
    
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............: [Auto]
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............: [Auto]
    DDR Write Training.....................: [Auto]
    
    Channel B
    Static tRead Value.....................: 11
    tRD Phase0 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 1 (odd as it's not 0 and set to auto)
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................: [Auto] 0
    tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................: [Auto] 0
    
    Trd2rd(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 6
    Twr2wr(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 6
    Twr2rd(Different Rank).................: [Auto] 5
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank).................: [Auto] 8
    
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............: [Auto]
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............: [Auto]
    DDR Write Training.....................: [Auto]
    
    Motherboard Voltage Control
    Voltage Type...........................: [Manual]
    CPU---------------------Normal-----------Current
    Load Line Calibration..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Vcore...............1.25000V.......:   1.325v
    CPU Termination.........1.200V.........: 1.24V
    CPU PLL.................1.500V.........: 1.57v
    CPU Reference...........0.760V.........: [Auto] 
    
    MCH/ICH
    MCH Core................1.100V.........:  1.24v
    MCH Reference...........0.760V.........: 0.785v +- 
    MCH/DRAM Reference......0.900V.........: [Auto]
    ICH I/O.................1.500V.........: 1.570V
    ICH Core................1.100V.........: 1.200V
    
    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage............1.800V.........: 2.200V
    DRAM Termination........0.900V.........: [Auto]
    Channel A Reference.....0.900V.........: [Auto]
    Channel B Reference.....0.900V.........: [Auto]
    __________________
    What I'd like to do is try to hit the 4.5 range below if possible. Any chance of helping with those settings?
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R (rev 1.1, bios F12), E8400 @ 3.83Ghz, Xigmatek S1283, 2x2Gb OCZ2RPR11504GK Reaper PC2-9500 HPC 1150Mhz, PNY 9600 GSO 768MB PCI-e OC , CoolerMaster 590, WinXP SP3 32bit and Win7 Pro 64 Bit (swappable HDD's via Icy Dock)


  10. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    J'Habite En Angleterre
    Posts
    2,431

    Default Re: Stable E8400 OC - stock voltages

    Realistically, you're not going to hit 4.5GHz without water cooling. Even then you'd have to be lucky and get a top 10% chip.

    On air cooling, Capt Proton's chip might never get to 4.5GHz, and if it did, it would require more Vcore than 1.4V, as well as possibly other changes to reference voltages. Less heat means not only more stability at higher clocks, but also less voltage needed for obtainable clocks, and also being able to obtain clocks at reasonable voltages that were impossible before.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •