Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New Gigabyte motherboard and ram

Default New Gigabyte motherboard and ram

Hi everyone,

I am buying a new
    GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

This week and I need to know if this ram will work??

mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996601 - Retail

• Cas Latency: 7
    • Timing: 7-7-6-18
    • Voltage: 1.8V - 1.9V
    • Heat Spreader: Yes
    • Recommend Use: High Performance or Gaming Memory
    • Parts: Lifetime limited
    • Labor: Lifetime limited
    • Model #: 996601
    • Item #: N82E16820146777

I have looked on Gigabyte site and looked on there ram list for this board.. They don't have any Mushkin listed.

Default Re: New Gigabyte motherboard and ram

Not many people around here running AMD, and you're the first guy I see posting about that board. I don't think you'll get a defintive answer here unfortunately.
    Mushkin is good RAM and is int thev ast majority of cases compatible, but I can't guarantee anything. Your chances of it running are as big as with any other memory though.

Thanks for the reply. I have sent an email to mushkin. I will post it here. That way if anyone else has that board it may help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I believe it would be fine as I have used Mushkin in MANY GA Boards, but I have not used ANY AMD boards so I also could not advise for sure.

You could also ask at the Mushkin Forums >>>
    http://forums.mushkin.com/phpbb2/index.php

Hi all,

This is the email I got back:

Hello,<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    There should be no issues running those modules on that motherboard.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Mushkin support

If you have any questions about your request or need assistance, we're here for you and help is just a phone call or a click away.

That was fast and to the point....

Edit: fixed formating firefox noscript blocking tweaktown. =P

Hey man i currently have the exact same motherboard and a triple core 710 and these DDR3 <a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161279" target="_blank">Newegg.com - WINTEC AMPX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory</a> running great.

I currently run a watercooled system with a 4870x2 and a 550W antec neopower. (i know i can't believe that psu can run my 4870x2!!)

I been planning on overclocking but still running stock for the last 3 days.. been busy recovering my data. Big tip for anyone upgrading!
    Getting too anxious on putting my new rig together forgot that when you run a RAID 0 and switch motherboards that use a different raid controller it will most often never detect your existing raid.

So in my case my 2x640GB raid 0 which was nearly full can't be read and are detected as single drives. So now i have my old ass opteron rig booting up as a spare with my raid drives getting ready to transfer all the data over the network to my 1.5tb drive once thats done slap the raid back in my new rig rebuild and copy from the 1.5tb back to the new raid..

weeeeeeee fun for me. =P well at least i get my data back. I will overclocking soon in a day or two i hope to make my cheap wintec hit 1666 with enough voltage and get my triple core up to 3.8 minimum.

I will post my settings let you know when i get. Its nice to know i am not the only amd guy here. =)
    Last edited by dred210; 02-25-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sounds like you both will be up and running in no time!

Good to hear, sorry about your RAID misfortune dred210!

I thought they would be fine, the Mushkins, just did not want to say yes for sure as I have not used AMD so I wasn't for sure if anything would be different

Thread Information