Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 Doesn't boot, LED error C1 & b2

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 Doesn't boot, LED error C1 & b2

I'm getting almost identical problems as well. Make sure to get back as soon as you can saxman, because I might be rma'ing mine as well. It'd be nice to know if the motherboard is the root of the problem.

Hi,

First of all regarding the C1 and B2 errors, I'm sorry but I don't have any ideas :(

I have a question for LSDMEASAP though.
    You mention that the proper slots to use are 2-4-6, and that 1-3-5 will not work.
    I have been using my RAM in 1-3-5 (white slots) since day 1, and the manual states for the x58 Extreme (p17):
    "When enabling 3 channel mode with 3 modules, Be sure to install them in 1,3,5."

Did I misunderstand your post (you were talking about the order of the slots when you look at the mobo from above), or should I be using slots 2,4,6 (blue slots)?

Regards,

Cedric
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Just a side note. I put one of these boards together with a I7-920 2 weeks ago.. No post. I found out the next day I needed to put the 4 pin plug into the power input in the upper corner left of the cpu socket. I did buy an adapter to make the 4 pin 8 pin, not knowing if the 4 pin would work. I just built another one tonite and tested the 4 pin from the Power supply and it works. The ones having issues make sure you have plugged the aux power for the cpu in. It's refered to as ATX_12V_X2. Hope this helps. I Build my first one complete without testing components. I had it tore back appart thinking I had a short or a bad component..

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sorry C3D76, I meant Actual Physical Slots 2, 4, and 6. They are actually labeled 1, 3, and 5. The White slots are the correct ones, Sorry to confuse everyone here on that by my comment

And yes, ATX 12 4 or 8 Pin should always be connected, FOR SURE. Preferably 8pin, and not using a adapter if your PSU has a 8Pin of course

Thanks for all the help guys, but I finally sent it back to NewEgg.com for a replacement. I'll make sure to send an update when I get the new board.

Thanks again,

-SmileInTheDark

The symptoms you describe are identical to the symptoms I have seen. I am on my third motherboard and second CPU. I am four weeks into this build.

Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD5
    CPU: i7 920 - OEM heatsink_fanfan
    Memory: Crucial CT3KIT25664BA1067 DDR3 triple channel
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750 silencer.

I don't know what I might have done to cause any of this. However, it seems likely that the dead CPU might be my fault -- given that it got a b2 on mobo #1. I have built a lot of PCs and had only one DOA before. In any case, I am certain I did nothing on this last build that could cause these problems. It never touched any metal. Built it on a cardboard box wearing a grounding strap (as usual).

The b2 code happens with or without graphics and keyboard. So those are not factors. Gigabyte support told me

The PSU is known good, but I tried two others on mobos 1 and 2. My first EX58 had these symptoms too (b2). The second one would not give an LED code. Same for the third. So I got a new CPU and I am back to the b2 code on the third mobo.

So always the same ram then? Maybe it is your ram that is faulty or not working well with this board, since you have never changed that?

I am using Crucial in X58, but not the same kit. Can you borrow some other DDR3 to test with, or pickup a set of el cheapo DDR3 2x1GB?

Always the same RAM, yes. However, the behavior is the same with no RAM installed. On one of my three calls to them, Gigabyte tech support agreed with me that the RAM is not the cause.

Ya, you are likely right then with no ram now that you say that as I had a similar issue with my setup when I had a faulty CPU. With or without ram it would only cycle, and put out no error beeps. My board does not have the LED's for error code, so that is why I did not think of that

Since you have already went thru three boards and 2CPU's then I would think it is not the CPU, maybe the board but less likely for sure to be the CPU if you are sure your second was a new one

Do you get the same errors or cycling, or any error beeps without the GFX card? Just checking, I do see you mentioned that though

The only other thing I could think it may be would be the PSU, but that should be a good enough PSU for sure

Have you tried it all out of the box and off the motherboard tray to be sure nothing is grounding out? I would try that next with NOTHING except the CPU, ram, and GFX card and see if you can get into the BIOS

I see no mention of clearing the CMOS, have you done that? If you have using the button, try the method I outline here in Post #2 >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

You may need to take it somewhere to get the BIOS flashed to F3 at least, see this >>>
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2958

I am not sure how Gigabyte expects users to be doing that though from home, since you would need to use a i7 920 or 940 at your house to do the flash anyway? It can be done at most PC Repair shops with a Eprom programmer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information