Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP45-UD3R refuses to recognize SATA hdd

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-UD3R refuses to recognize SATA hdd

If you mean loading optimized defaults and going thru the "Set settings/reboot/set settings/reboot" dance YES. You must load optimized defaults after a flash or new hardware install and then due to that you must go thru the set/reboot/set/reboot dance before loading windows each time you flash/load optimized otherwise you will corrupt your array

nope, i meant the other part: changing boot priority manually to the original/correct order.
    in the desparate hope to blame maxblast for being involved in this issue, i plan to switch to other backup software. still weird, though, as the current situation with BIOS version F5 does not much differ from F3 except that the second boot requirement has gone.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, ok! Ya, normally you do have to reset the boot order as well, especially if you have RAID or more then one disk setup. RAID + A storage drive I know for sure you do as I often do it 10 times a week or more

Second Boot Requirement? What do you mean there?

ok, this problem appeared even after just a cold reset of the pc! this would only be acceptable in a RAID env where the boot prio is less important. since my system does not use a RAID, resetting the boot prio every day is untolerable for me, so i consider this issue being a serious problem of the board.
    btw: the "second boot requirement" was just a metaphore ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information