Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Poll for GA-EX58-UD5 owners Has F6a Bios fixed your cold boot issue

Default Poll for GA-EX58-UD5 owners Has F6a Bios fixed your cold boot issue

Hi. Could all of the above board owners please say if the F6a bios has fixed cold boot(double boot) issues, am I the only one with this problem still. Thanks.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Poll for GA-EX58-UD5 owners Has F6a Bios fixed your cold boot issue

I do see it reported in many places to be fixed. Did you load optimized then save/apply/reboot after you flashed?

If so, you may still have some incorrect settings causing this issue for you. What overclock are you running?

Hi. Thanks for responding Lsdmeasap, I have put my bios settings on an earlier thread called GA-EX58-UD5 boot problem am I doing something wrong, I have not overclocked the system, just running the xmp profile for my ram, Eveything works fine once booted and only double boots if I turn off the power from the wall, so I presume if any settings were wrong it would double boot on every occasion, but it boots fine once left in standby and has done a double boot once.

I installed the new bios from a usb flash drive from within the bios, reset the computer and held delete, went back to the bios and loaded optimised settings, selected save and exit, rebooted, held delete, went back into bios and selected ahci for my hd, then set xmp profile 1 saved and exited and rebooted. I hope this is the correct way, there is no save then apply option only a save and exit. Is this the correct way. Thanks.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, that is the correct way to flash.

Why would you turn your Power off at the wall? That would allow the CMOS battery to drain and could be the cause of your issue.

Although you may also still have some incorrect settings causing you to still have the issue, XMP may or may not set the correct voltages for your CPU's QPI or Ram voltage may be a little off

I will check your thread out tonight when I get back, if I did not already this afternoon

Thread Information