Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 REV 1.0 won't boot (no led info)

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 REV 1.0 won't boot (no led info)

@lsd

I know that won't work, but the LED result should be different, no?

I cleared the CMOS from that way already, no new results for me : (

~

I removed the CPU yesterday, I tested everything possible in both ways (with and without CPU).

Important update!

~

@lsdmeasap

There is the problems:

1 - Yes, the BIOS was corrupted from factory, don't know why or how... I took my system in the better comp. tech. store over here, when he tried to boot with another PSU he got the "FF" code...

So, he checked the processor, nothings wrong. After that, he updated the BIOS manually to the last version, and done!

Well, I paid $40 to that, thanks Gigabyte!...

2 - Now I discovered that my PSU has a problem in the 12v (2x4) pins... With his PSU with only 4 pins (I plugged only the left side), worked!...

But with my PSU, can't make it work.. Neither with 8 pins or 4 pins in left/right...
    Last edited by rodrigobragamg; 03-01-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh nice to see you got this solved. So why could you not update the BIOS, just sounds odd he could but you could not

Ahh, sorry I reply as I read. Sounds like your PSU is faulty, I would for sure be sending that off for a refund or RMA and be using one with 8Pins

Maybe your PSU brands are the issue here, quality not wattage I mean?

Well, he updated the EPROM. I thought the same as you (that I could do manually), but he confirmed that he could not enter the BIOS... He thought at first that the problem was the Processor...

Well, but its worth it anyway, since I was almost sending my board to RMA, hehe! Also, he borrow me his PSU so I'm using it while I'm waiting my 600W PSU exchange.

About my PSU, I got a C3 Tech, famous brand here already that its a reseller of Coletek PSU's... Check out this review of the C3 Tech brand: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/635/10

"This is a good power supply, using the same design as Corsair TX750W and Thermaltake Toughpower 750 W. It not only delivers 750 W at 50 C but we could pull up to 940 W at 45 C from this unit, which is remarkable. So basically you are buying a 750 W power supply and bringing home a 940 W unit."

I was just unlucky (AGAIN), since its a very solid PSU... In fact, I was using this same PSU in my old system, and after I installed in the x58 system, could not boot anymore ; /

I tested with a multimeter, the problem its located in the +5V wires (red)...

~

Now I got another funny thing.

My audio its too dam low here (using headphones). Its not the headphone since with my old system I could get very loud sounds.

I checked everything possible, you have seen anything like this?

Ya, you could have updated the BIOS yourself with a Floppy, since you had never got into it floppy would have still been enabled and set at first boot. That is likely all he did, a Blind flash

Faulty +5v eh, it happens sometimes even with the best.

About your Audio, is this case the same you had the old board in you are comparing to? What drivers do you have installed? Did you check the volume on the system control panel and in the toolbar for the headphones, may be turned down?

Case? I have a CM Dominator 690.

I installed the original realtek audio drives that came with the Gigabyte original CD. Since its recent, I guess its the last version...

Yes, I checked everything.

Yes, I meant case as in your CM Dominator, is it the same one you was using when you said your headphones sounded better?

The CD drivers are always all old. Always get the latest at Gigabyte's site at least, I always get them direct myself, so in this case you would want this driver >>
    Realtek

Well, I've just hit the *exact* same problem.

Basic system is as follows...

Corsair TX650W
    GA-EX58-UD5 Rev 1.0
    Intel i7 920
    Corsair XMS3 RAM (2x3Gb)

When I power the system up fully...

• I get no POST beep whatsoever.
    • The two digit display shows 88
    • The Phase LEDs are on full.
    • The DDR Phase LEDs are on full.
    • SATA drive powers up.
    • Nothing shows on monitor.
    • Nothing lights up on my keyboard.

Did you find the problem was your power, or did the EPROM need flashed? I can't quite determine that from this post.

Thanks,

Stu

Since the technician claimed that the BIOS was corrupted (couldn't post), he manually recorded the EPROM.

Still, I still could not get to work here, so the first problem was my PSU...

But one thing its true, this board takes too long to boot, not used to that : P.

Right, I take it back, it was entirely my fault.

I had plugged in the 8x2 12v, but not the 4x2.

Whoops :S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information