Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-EXTREME- Problems with Integrated LAN Controllers

Default Re: GA-EX58-EXTREME- Problems with Integrated LAN Controllers

Sash_kur,

I am sorry for being unclear. Do Not use the October/08 network driver. Any other version is ok.

Ovidiuz,

I had hoped that my "fix" would work for you. If I can figure out why mine works now I'll be sure to post it.

I had a similar problem when I was installing windows.
    After windows update installed the new NIC drivers I was having problems. Rolling back to previous driver (I'm guessing the one on the CD) fixed it for me..
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

i've entered to the lan configuration and disabeled all power sever options and in driver advanced properties have disabeled green lan, in bios green lan disabeled also. It works for me , but if i'll enabele all theese settings lan will go to sleep . I think its not drivers, its bios problems.
    SnorkleZ can you give me please link to the drivers you use?
    Last edited by sash_kur; 03-06-2009 at 04:46 AM.

@SnorkleZ: Thank you for your help any way. It was important to see how you managed to fix it, although it didn't work for me.
    @sash_kur: Definitely a power control problem. If I enable the option to restart after power loss, NICs dissapear after a while without the need for a reboot.

Since I use my computer mainly as a home server, and this problem made it very unreliable, I bought an extra PCI Intel Pro 1000 adapter...

Just for fun I let "Windows Update" install the driver it suggests I use. Problem came back with no LAN recognized. I then downloaded the driver version 6.216 dated 02/26/2009 from Realtek and the problem is fixed again. I tried it with Green LAN on, and that now works also. I have not lately tried the driver on the cd that came with the motherboard, but it sounds like that one may work also. I find it interesting that Realtek has released several updates to this driver. It is nice to see companies like Realtek (and Gigabyte too) release fixes to problems, rather than pretending that there is no problem. :-)

I hope that helps.

Hi
    For a one week my lan was working good with drivers from october 2008 but after reboot i entered to linux and problem appeared again.
    I have downloaded a driver from realtec 26/2/2009 and will try, hope this will help.
    I just dont get it how windows drivers influence on bios becouse when lan was not working in bios also shows that there is a problem.

I have the same issue with my EX58-UD4P. It happens very frequently when booting into Linux, less frequently with Windows, but it affects the BIOS too (LAN MAC address shows as N/A) and only turning off the power to the PSU resets it. Very frustrating issue that seems to affect multiple gigabyte boards. Is anyone from gigabyte on this board who can give us a solution to this problem?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Have any of you reported this to Gigabyte? If not, please do as they cannot know about your experiences and issues if you do not >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Hi.
    I wrote to gigabyte few days ago but still no answer.
    I have tried a new drivers from realtek (2009) and the problem appears more frequently, in windows without rebooting.
    Network disconnects few times in one hour on my ga-ex58-ds4, so i shutted down pc and disconnected power cable twice. .
    Last edited by sash_kur; 03-09-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Angry Re: GA-EX58-EXTREME- Problems with Integrated LAN Controllers

Gigabyte has answered me with a standard answer .
    Dear Alexander,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, because several possibilities might cause the problems, such as something wrong with memory, motherboard, BIOS, power, attached hardwares...etc. We suggest that you could try to do a simple test first:

Remove such as add-on cards, devices from motherboard and make sure others on the motherboard are installed properly, then please take off the on-board battery to leak voltage to clear CMOS data by following the steps below:

1) Turn off power.
    2) Remove the power cord from the PSU.
    3) Take out the battery gently and put it aside for about 5 minutes or longer. (Or you can use a metal object to connect the two pins in the battery holder to make them short-circuited.)
    4) Re-insert the battery to the battery holder.
    5) Connect power cord to PSU again and turn on power.
    6) Power on your system.
    7) If BIOS can POST, please enter the BIOS and load the fail-safe defaults setting.
    7) Save changes and reboot the system.

After clearing CMOS and load the fail-safe defaults, please run your system and test LAN function in a simple environment by only putting CPU, single memory, single HDD, VGA card and power to observe the result. If there's nothing wrong in simple environment, try to install several additional cards into the slot one by one to observe the result again and again.

But, if the problem still occurs in a simple environment, then there may be a hardware problem with the LAN controller, a further testing or examination to your system might be required. We suggest you can contact your supplier or nearest distributor and see if they can help you to test your system directly. For distributor contact information, please click HERE.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you have with our product.

At last, if you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

So what i can do is only to return this board to suplyer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information