Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-EX58-EXTREME- Problems with Integrated LAN Controllers

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EX58-EXTREME- Problems with Integrated LAN Controllers

I will wait for F6 bios for my ga-ex58-ds4 and if it will not solve this problems with LAN i will return this board to suplyer. I have no other choce.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh ok, well good luck either way. Sorry I could not be of more help with this issue

Hi all,

I now have a similar issue.

I tried to install OpenSUSE 11.2 onto my PC on Manday and during the install the NICS were both clearly detected. After the install i had no NICs listed in Linux at all. I then wiped and reloaded Windows thinking it was a driver issue but even in Windows i have no NICs listed, the Virtual Cable test fails and nothing i have tried has reinitialised them.

I have even been onto Gigas tech support who have sent me the latest BETA BIOS that is not even available for public DL yet but that has made no difference either.

Anyone got any ideas on how i can get them going again?

Many thanks

MDDI is offline Junior Member

Have you checked the NIC in Device Manager? Right click the NIC / Properties / Power Management Tab. Uncheck "allow computer to turn off device".
    It appears that Realtek is using one driver for both desktop and laptop. Definately use the driver from Realtek or Gigabyte site, not Windows update.
    Not real sure when the Power Management feature was included with the Realtek drivers, but I think it's recent.
    I just replaced my X48T board and had not updated the NIC driver for awhile, I'm fairly sure the Power Management feature was not there and I don't remember what the driver revision was.
    The driver disk that came with my EP45T (same NIC as the X48T) definately had the Power Management feature icluded with the Realtek driver, I found it when I started loosing my internet connection, so I don't know what driver revision that feature was introduced.
    Last edited by MDDI; 07-03-2009 at 06:45 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information