Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-MA790x DS4 Onboard LAN Problem

Default GA-MA790x DS4 Onboard LAN Problem

Dear All,

I got problem with my GA-MA790x DS4 On-board LAN, it seem to be dead after restart from hibernation. I've tried to re-flash my bios, reinstall the driver, but it could not be recognized by WinXP. Checked device status in hardware manager, it said "The device could not start. (Code 10)"

Got any idea to fix the problem?

Many thanks in advance

R27

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA790x DS4 Onboard LAN Problem

What BIOS are you using now, and how did you flash, and was this flash to a New BIOS or the same one? Did you load optimized defaults after you flashed, then save/apply an rebooted before you made changes? If not, that is how you must flash.

Please see here for a Qflash guide, and do not use @BIOS >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Also you are sure it is enabled in the BIOS after you flashed correct? Just checking. And please run SMART LAN Test and see what it tells you

Please go into the BIOS and on the MAIN Page hit F9 and be sure your LAN Adapters are showing a MAC Address

Hi Lsd,

Thank you for the reply,

BIOS I'm using using now is F6, my previous BIOS was F6a .I've you load optimized defaults after flashed, then save/apply and rebooted before made changes. I've flashed with @BIOS at the first and than re-flashed with Q-flash as you suggested but its not working. The LAN Adapter still could not detected, no MAC address for LAN shown when I pressed the F9 in BIOS Main Menu.

I think its gone already :( ...

Do you think it still possible to make it work?

Thank you

I would flash back to the BIOS you was previously using, with Qflash and change the "Keep DMI Data" Setting to disabled before you flash, to see if that helps. If not, you may need to contact Tech support with this issue and link them to this thread.

I have seen this issue before, sometimes you can correct it with a BIOS re-flash to previous BIOS others you need to RMA.

Does your board have Dual/Quad BIOS, and if so can you access the other BIOS in the BIOS?

Flashed my BIOS to originally the board came with (F4) and disabled the option "Keep DMI Data" but showing no result. I think I need to RMA.

BTW how to access the second BIOS? My manual book mention the board support dual BIOS, does it means the board have dual BIOS? or it just "support" but do not have the second BIOS in actual?
    I could not find the option to load the second BIOS in bios Menu or POST screen. Please advise..

Many Thanks

R27

You cannot access it yourself.

What does the LAN test show in the BIOS when you run that?

This sounds exactly like the issue I have with my GA-EX58-UD4P. The LAN gets disabled randomly at the BIOS level, and pressing F9 as you've seen shows the LAN MAC address as N/A. Rebooting and BIOS flashes don't resolve it. The solution I've found is to turn off your power supply (or unplug it) until the motherboard looses all power (on my board the lights go out). It usually take about 6-8 seconds or so. Then turn the PSU back on and reboot, go to the BIOS and check F9 again, the LAN should be restored and showing a MAC address.

This workaround is effective, but is extremely annoying as the issue can happen fairly frequently. We really need a BIOS update to resolve this! Let me know if this works for you... I'd like to create a unified thread for all the people with this issue. Hopefully if we make enough noise GB will fix the BIOS to resolve this.

Lsd:
    The LAN test shown in the BIOS like the picture attached.

dukdukgoos:
    I've tried to do so, but still no result.

I guess the LAN chip dead already,
    but I could not managed to see any burnt components around it and the board still running stable without the LAN.

Anyway, thank you for the replies.

R27
    Last edited by R27; 03-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Is smart LAN Enabled? So no results from the test eh? Is that with either port?

Sounds like you may have to RMA?

Yap, the Smart LAN enabled and On board LAN enabled, and I've done every test, even disassembled and re-assembled my PC. But still no result :(

Kinda have to RMA....

Thanks a lot

R27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information