Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Which is the most stable bios for GA-EX58 Extreme?

Default Which is the most stable bios for GA-EX58 Extreme?

All my parts should be in today, and I will start putting everything together. I am running a I7 920 and a CoolerMaster V8 with 6GB of Dominator 1600 memory. I have been following the Latest Bios Update thread and am wondering which bios version is the most stable? I do want to overclock and would be happy with anything around 3.8Ghz. I know there have been a lot of betas and many of the problems surface around S3 resume which isn't very important for me right now. I also know that some of the betas have some instabilities with overclocking. Should I go with one of the final Bios' (F3, F4) or one of the betas?

Default Re: Which is the most stable bios for GA-EX58 Extreme?

I would like to know the same. Also what is a good idle temp for the 920, there are so many answers on the web from 27c to 40c. Mine seems to settle at about 37c with an akasa-967, not sure if this is good or bad. My room is about 23c, and my case is a Zalman GT1000. Is this temp ok, or should I try refitting the cooler?

I think the temp is more than reasonable. You could try refitting the cooler and make sure you have the right amount of TIM. The airflow in your case is also critical to ensure temps are safe.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

My Idle temps are 32-34C on water, Load is 61-64C at 4Ghz

I hear F5g and F6a are the better BIOS's as of yet for this board, but F6b is out now but yet to hear many results

Thread Information