Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No Sound From Back Audio Connects On EX58-UD3R

Default No Sound From Back Audio Connects On EX58-UD3R

I can't get some simple speakers working on any of the 6 audio connections on the back of a GA-EX58-UD3R. If I plug the speakers into the Headphone connector on the front of the case, the sound works fine. The OS is Vista Business 32-bit. When I plug the speakers into a back audio port, the system does come up with the audio control panel telling me a device was plugged into that port. I'm I missing something in the configuration?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: No Sound From Back Audio Connects On EX58-UD3R

Do you have the Intel Chipset Drivers installed? And did you install the RealTek drivers, just checking which Sound driver you are using.

In the Vista Control Panel, Sounds, what do you see as enabled and Default here, post a pic if you like >>>

You need to check to make sure your speakers are enabled, and if you are using RealTek that it is enabled as well

Does Device manager show any Yellow Exclamation marks? If so, which, can you post a image if you are unsure

Lsdmeasap, thanks for the reply. Yes I installed the Intel chipset drivers. That was the first thing I did after Vista booted for the first time. I also installed the Realtek Azalia drivers listed under the motherboard on the Gigabyte web site. Device Manager doesn't show any Yellow Exclamation marks. I don't know what's under Control Panel-->Sounds because the machine actually belongs to someone I'm helping. I could find out the next time I have access to the machine.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh well since you are not at the PC that is no good!

You will need to go there or tell them to open that and be sure The speakers are enabled.

And then in the System try right click the speaker and be sure nothing is muted

Thread Information