Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex58-ud4p

autocrosser is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Ex58-ud4p

OK--as to O/Cing--I'd download the PDF that is at the bottom of the first post on this thread--- http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/ It's about O/C for the 920 & gives you a good overview to get started with....

As to the memory issue--you are set to AUTO in the memory section of M.I.T--goto System Memory Multiplier & change the setting to something that resembles your "real" memory speed--I'd contact tech support for your memory to see what the timing should be for your memory vs what the board set it at...In my case, I bought memory that was tested with this motherboard & tech support (G.Skill) was able to give me optimized settings for several speeds above the rated 1600 :) --I stayed on the safe side @ 1700 with those settings.....

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

To change your memory all you need to do is change your memory multiplier to what you want your memory to run at and then manually set Uncore to 2x your memory multiplier.

Depending on your Blck you may need to raise or lower it to get at 1333 exact. For a stock setup to run 1333 Mhz ram you would want Blck 133 / Memory Mutli 10x (1333) and uncore multi set to 20x

If you need some full settings let me know what Blck you plan to run and I will give you some advice

Thanks Auto,LSD I will get back to you on my OC'ing.
    System info: Intel I7 920 // Coolermaster Centurion 590 // Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD4P // Coolermaster V8 // 6g (3x2g) Corsair Dominator 1333 //EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2g // SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256gb //Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Ok, Hey ya know I can give you a BIOS profile I am using if you want.

It would be 4Ghz though (190x21) and you would need to adjust your ram Multi and Uncore Mutli as I am using 1600 memory, and your main timings to match yours as well, and of course maybe play with some voltages a bit (QPI VTT/ Vcore) but it would ba a good starting point for ya maybe if you want to run 4Ghz

Or I could setup a 1333 Profile if you like then send it to you? Let me know, I just thought of that since we have the same board we can share profiles. You would need to use the same BIOS I am though (F7D right now)

That would be a good idea, Thanks. I have been in contact with corsair to track down my memory timings. I was told that my memory is an OEM item that they don't carry. I guess they don't make dominator in 1333 speed, but that is waht I have! I am now running my ram in XMP profile and am at 1333mhz, 9-9-9-24 timing. I also need to flash my bios still, I am just not sure exactly what settings as far as raid I would have to set back up or enable once I flash...
    System info: Intel I7 920 // Coolermaster Centurion 590 // Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD4P // Coolermaster V8 // 6g (3x2g) Corsair Dominator 1333 //EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2g // SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256gb //Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Well as for your RAID settings after you flash you would need to set the same settings you are using now from Two pages (Well one really, the other is common sense and you wont need to write it down). You would need the same settings from the Integrated Peripheral BIOS page, and then you would need the Settings from Advanced BIOS page, Hard Disk Boot Priority, this would be obvious.

All you would do is flash, then reboot to the BIOS and load optimized defaults and set your ram voltage only. Then you would save and apply and reboot BACK to the BIOS again and then set your RAID Settings in Integrated Peripherals BIOS page and then save/apply and reboot once again BACK to the BIOS and then move your RAID array back to the top of the Hard Disk Boot Priority in the Advanced BIOS page and save/apply.

Then you would be good to go to windows again. As for using a Profile I would give you, you would just need to press F12 on the MAIN page of the BIOS and load the profile from USB Stick. Then check your RAID Settings to be sure they are still the same and then save/apply and you would be good to go. I just say that about using a profile because I am not sure if it includes/affects other BIOS pages. It may only contain the MIT settings, just not sure since I have only used my own profile files

Can you post a pic still for me of your CPU-z SPD Tab so I can see your XMP Profiles, if there is any? Just wanted to check, as you may be able to use better timings, but maybe not?

Are you all good to go and stable now, or would you like a overclock profile from me? If so, let me know what CPU Speed you want to use and I will create a 1333 Profile for you (BIOS F7D)

Voltage of Vcore and QPI you would need to set to your own range you know works as my chip is a volt hog

Quote Originally Posted by yorkie26 View Post
    Hi, I'm totally new to this site and hope someone can help me.

I bought myself a Gigabyte ex58 ud4p mobo with i7 920 cpu and 2 lots of corsair 6144mb TR3X3G1600C9 9-9-9-24.
    PSU is Zalman 650W and Nvidia 8600 GT graphics card. The OS is Vista x64 SP1.

The problem is that the system randomly shuts down and reboots itself. I can always re-create the problem if I access my other PC via the network browsing and try and execute a program. Updated the nic drivers to the latest version.

I've checked my memory modules using memtest overnight and it passed without any errors. I've changed the memory timing in bios and ran memtest again without any errors. I've reseated and installed a new cpu cooler. The cpu and system temp is 30c. So I'm totally lost.
    Hello Yorkie,

Was wondering if your RMA'd m/b has corrected the issue because after reading about your problem, I have exactly the same issue with my UD4P shutting down and rebooting when accessing my other PC via the network browsing and trying to execute a programs from there. I have also not overclocked my hardware and am running Vista32 with SP1. I've also tested my RAM sticks one at a time, and also updated my BIOS to F5, then F6, but to no avail. I wonder what your thoughts are with adding another NIC card on the PCI slot. Will this bypass the issue?

Regards,

Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh well I am not sure what that could be, but a high pitch noise sounds like something is faulty, I would RMA that board.

It is a great board, I have one. So if you do RMA it be sure to try the new one after you get it back you may like it better then the "Other" board you have on the way
    Hi LSD,
    I wanted to find out if Yorkie has gotten back to you in regards to his reboot shutdown issue as I'm suffering from the same fate of shutdown and rebooting only when accessing my PCs when going into the network. Everything else works fine on my UD4P.

Regards,
    Workhorse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information