Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex58-ud4p

Default Ex58-ud4p

Hi, I'm totally new to this site and hope someone can help me.

I bought myself a Gigabyte ex58 ud4p mobo with i7 920 cpu and 2 lots of corsair 6144mb TR3X3G1600C9 9-9-9-24.
    PSU is Zalman 650W and Nvidia 8600 GT graphics card. The OS is Vista x64 SP1.

The problem is that the system randomly shuts down and reboots itself. I can always re-create the problem if I access my other PC via the network browsing and try and execute a program. Updated the nic drivers to the latest version.

I've checked my memory modules using memtest overnight and it passed without any errors. I've changed the memory timing in bios and ran memtest again without any errors. I've reseated and installed a new cpu cooler. The cpu and system temp is 30c. So I'm totally lost.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Ex58-ud4p

So this issue only happens when you access other PC's on your network, from the X58?

If so, the driver may be buggy and you may need to try out a older one or try the latest Direct from Realtek... Or wait for a new one.

You do have the Latest Intel Chipset Drivers installed correct?

Is everything at stock, CPU Clock wise I mean?

Thank you for reply. Correct the issue happens when I access other PC's but sometimes it happens if I'm using the PC itself. I can always re-create the problem when accessing another PC's. I normally hear a high pitch sound and then the PC cold boots. I've tried the latest driver from Realtek and also an older version. I have the latest Intel chipset drivers insalled. The system is not overclocked. I'm waiting for another mobo to try its not a gigabyte.

Ahh well I am not sure what that could be, but a high pitch noise sounds like something is faulty, I would RMA that board.

It is a great board, I have one. So if you do RMA it be sure to try the new one after you get it back you may like it better then the "Other" board you have on the way

I will RMA the board and try it when it comes back. At the moment the new mobo has been installed and is working great. i agree with gigabyte been a great board. Thank you for your help.

Please do post back and let us know if it was indeed a faulty board. Glad to see you at least have a working system in the meantime. I hate down time!!

Hi, I was wondering if I change my BCLK from 133 to 166 do I need to change anything else? I tried it and it seemed to work fine but is that all I need to do or am I missing something? I also noticed my temps jumped 9 C. I am looking to do a simple OC(3.2-3.5) I am not sure of other settings in the bios..

Thanks for your help.
    Guess I could start a new thread....
    System info: Intel I7 920 // Coolermaster Centurion 590 // Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD4P // Coolermaster V8 // 6g (3x2g) Corsair Dominator 1333 //EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2g // SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256gb //Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Anyone? Am I on my own here?
    System info: Intel I7 920 // Coolermaster Centurion 590 // Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD4P // Coolermaster V8 // 6g (3x2g) Corsair Dominator 1333 //EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2g // SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256gb //Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

autocrosser is offline Junior Member

Post Re: Ex58-ud4p

I'm running one--BCLK 170 for 3.4GHZ--using a Zalman 9700 cooler from my last build--Newegg carries a 1366 kit for $15 shipped...46C under load. I'm a Linux Alpha/Beta tester, so I can't say how things are working with Windows, but it's rock-solid in Ubuntu Alpha testing 9.04. I crunch BOINC/Seti@home WU's & watching all eight at 100% is something......

You would need to bump up your voltages a bit--I've heard 1.4+ on the core, but I'm still within Intel's 1.375 Vmax & I've upped the QPI a bit also..Disabled Turbo...using G.Skill 1600 running @ 1700--1.56V & timing recommended by G.Skill's tech dept.

There is a PDF in the site here that runs you thru a 4GHZ setup--I looked thru it & scaled back the settings--took a couple of days to home in on the sweet spot for my system--remember to not overdo it & do things in small amounts with time to stabilize in between--don't go for the throat all at once

Thanks for the info, I am trying to get into OC'ing but am affraid I will screw my system up... I am not sure how high to set each setting, how do I change memory? I have 1333 dominator but I see they are set to 533 X2? What do I need to change to OC them?
    Thanks for your reply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information