Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: May be a stupid question but ....

Default May be a stupid question but ....

Looking at all the info on new bios for the GB's why does the "official" site not mention the upgrades?

On my 45 DQ6 I flashed to 13a and been having issues since. Flashing back to the "official" F7 an option ?

I use this monster to work so, I quess that makes me a permemant newbe. I keep an eye on the Pro's here for info :-)

Thanks from deep in the snow Montreal.

Chris

Default Re: May be a stupid question but ....

Yes you can use any bios version (thats for your specific board). Bios's have No pre-requisites, ie an older version first etc.

Usually with Gigabyte bioses, those with a suffix after a numeral are beta versions, ie F8e, F12b, F7f etc
    Often there can be a number of beta bioses between main releases, so you should keep that in mind.

Unless you are having specific issues (ie maybe through a certain hardware combination) there is often no need to update the bios.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Thanks, I think I will revert back to the v7 acording to the GB site. Been having more issues than it solved.

Cheers :-)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Be sure after you flash you load optimized defaults then save/apply and reboot BACK to the BIOS. You MUSt boot back to the BIOS as you will need to set all your SATA / Disk settings again.

DO NOT use @BIOS, here is a Qflash guide if you are unsure about any aspect of flashing >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Thread Information