Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3L will not post sometimes (4x1GB ram)

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L will not post sometimes (4x1GB ram)

No when it was at stock the same issue was there having to boot with 1 stick of RAM. I will read up on the bios flash carefully as I do not want to ruin my board. Thanks.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please read this if you have any questions about Flashing, and be sure to ask any others you may have before you go ahead >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

It is very simple, just be knowledgeable about it before you do it is all and you will be fine

Well bios flash worked flawlessly and appears to have fixed the problem. I have the same settings I had with the F8 bios but it booted up 1st try this morning after being off all night. THANKS ALL WHO HELPED.

Take that back - had cold boot issue again this morning; BUT it would let me boot up with 2 sticks and did not have to go back to one. Going to run memtest again as 1 stick of RAM did not detect 2x upon boot and finally on 3rd time it did even though it was seated properly all 3 times. So maybe 1 of the sticks is going bad.

1 of the sticks had 37 errors after only Test 3 completed in MemTest86 version 2.11 Other 3 tested out just fine. All 4 had passed other day so maybe this stick was just right on the brink of going bad. Will RMA this and see if 4 sticks of good ram fixes the issue.

Ya that does sound like that one stick may have been going bad all along.

This concerns me >>>
    I have the same settings I had with the F8 bios but it booted up 1st try this morning after being off all night.
    Do you mean you manually put all the same settings back in and they worked fine? If so, that is all OK.

If not, and you mean you already had the same settings in there then you did not flash properly by loading optimized defaults and saving and applying and rebooting after you flashed.

This is not the proper way to flash, you MUST load optimized defaults and apply and reboot back to the BIOS to set ALL Settings again including your SATA/ Disk settings and overclock settings.

Yeah sorry - I loaded optimized defaults and reboot again; then manually put back my settings :) Now waiting on that 4th stick of RAM to arrive now.

Ahh, Cool! Just had to check about that to be sure.

Well I wish you luck with your 4th stick. How did you get a RMA on one stick? Or did you just order one new one you mean?

I just ordered a new one for now. Holding onto the other 3 for now and not do a RMA yet and do so if another stick goes bad since this brand new stick was only $19. The new stick was a Patriot.

*** Almost fixed here. It boots up every time now from cold boot. Now though I get a BSOD just as the green bars start running across the bottom of the screen to load windows. It is fixed after restarting for like the 4th time or shut down and start over again. Any ideas why the BSOD?

Awww. Mixing Memory is only going to bring more issues to the table and I do advise against it

About your BSOD, is this with all 4 sticks now? If so, give me your settings so I can see if I see anything that looks to be off. If you are using the new stick, you did test it by itself right to be sure it was not faulty?

Some memory will not work at all together with others, some will be ok but take some tweaking, others are just a pain and never work together. Can you please link me or give me the model # for the patriot stick so I can have a look

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information