Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: High DPC Latency on GA-EG31MF-S2 rev 2.0

Default High DPC Latency on GA-EG31MF-S2 rev 2.0

Hello,

I've been having problems with high DPC latencies on this motherboard ever since I built my system last month. The DPC Latency Checker utility consistently reports spikes in the red range and I experience audio crackle.

I have tried to find someone else who have this board to see if he or she is also having this problem so I can establish if it is specific to my board or configuration but haven't found someone so far.

I also found a thread on this forum where someone was able to mitigate high latencies a different model by installing DES Advanced and turning it off. That didn't work for me, I can only say that turning it on only further increases my latencies.

I do not currently OC or use discrete audio/video. I've also tried other quality power supplies. I have 3 different operating systems on this computer: XP, Vista 32 and Win 7 64 and the high latencies occur on every one of them. Most drivers on Vista and all drivers on the Win 7 platform come from Microsoft.

I've also been though BIOS versions FA, FB and FC.

Can anyone help me (a) determine if the issue is specific to me or affects all users of this model and (b) suggest a solution?

Thanks!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: High DPC Latency on GA-EG31MF-S2 rev 2.0

How about Uninstalling it altogether?

Does it appear on a Clean Install with NO Drivers? Do you have another GFX card you can test with?

DPC Latency can be caused by MANY things, which I linked to a few causes in that thread

Do you create music? If you do not, this issue should not affect you in anyway other then if you look at the DPC latency program. Just saying, it should not bother you in anyway unless you do create music

Audio crackle can be caused by many things as well, do you hear it ONLY when you see a DPC Spike?

You can try Disabling Legacy USB Storage Detect in the BIOS, and Disable HPET as well and see if that helps any

Hi yehuda,

I saw your pm on Anand and I'll just respond here. So you are using the integrated graphics only? Are you using the latest video drivers (from website, not cd)? I second what Lsdmeasap has said. There could be a number of reasons for the spikes. I have a new BIOS version FD that I can send you. It probably won't fix the DPC latency issues, as the previous versions now all have included the fix, but it is worth a try anyway. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it along to you.

Cheers,
    Colin

Thanks for your answers guys. I'll follow Lsdmeasap's suggestions and report back.

I currently use integrated graphics with up to date drivers from Intel but have discrete cards to test with.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Colin View Post
    Hi yehuda,

I saw your pm on Anand and I'll just respond here. So you are using the integrated graphics only? Are you using the latest video drivers (from website, not cd)? I second what Lsdmeasap has said. There could be a number of reasons for the spikes. I have a new BIOS version FD that I can send you. It probably won't fix the DPC latency issues, as the previous versions now all have included the fix, but it is worth a try anyway. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it along to you.

Cheers,
    Colin
    Hey Buddy, Sneaking up on us eh!

Thanks for dropping by

Thread Information