Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G31M-ES2L doesn't OC

Default Re: G31M-ES2L doesn't OC

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You missed setting the system memory multi to what I suggested, 2.40B. That is why you see 889Mhz for your ram, you have 2.66 Set.

Ya, for best performance you should set all memory timings manually as I suggested in the settings I provided above
    My BIOS settings doesn't allow for 2.40B.

The lowest setting is 2.66.

Please advise, thanks :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh that board limits your memory multiplier then, wonder why you have the higher strap but not the middle ones, that is odd for sure!

You can use 2.66, I just thought you overlooked my setting I posted

I see in your BIOS you have 2.66, 3.33, and 4.00+ So you will have to get 2.66 going or buy faster ram. Or not clock with such a high FSB then you could run lower ram speed. Like 250 x12.5 for 3.125Ghz, using 3.33 Multi ram would be 830Mhz. Or 300 FSB x12 or 11/11.5 for 3.3-3.6 with ram at 800 using 2.66 multi.

Let me know your thought on how you would like to go and I will provide you some things to try out

And ya know, I see tRD (Static tRead Value) being set to 3 in Auto, that is WAY to low and may be your only issue. Try manually setting that to 8-10 for now and see if you can get things going with a few more tries. And manually set tRFC (Refresh to Act Delay) to 58 for now as well

Tried the tRD set to 8-10 and tRFC to 58.

I'm going to try low voltages and work my way up and see if there's one that works for me.

No luck with the manual memory settings. I tried various CPU voltages with the memory settings you suggested, and couldn't get it to work.

CPU Voltages? Hold on, what makes you say that?

Looks like we need to separate things here. What do you think the issue is CPU or ram? Too bad you do not have 2 multi for your memory then you could rule out the memory as a issue if you thought you had CPU Issues

If you think it is the memory, or either way, please give me your settings again that you are using now and I will advise back

Hi, My spec about similar this this. Except I own E5300 processor. Regarding the Vcore of 1.38 in BIOS. Is this save and can I run this voltage 24x7?

Yes that is safe if your temps are still good, keep in mind you are actually using less anyway once you are in windows at idle, and then less at load. You can check this amount with CPU-z

I have two of these boards to play with. I found (with an E5200 and 1000Mhz memory) a nice 3.6Ghz with 1000Mhz 5-4-4-12 2T and with both chips. First one took 1.37v to make 20 linpack and one took 1.35v to do the same. Neither would take a 400MHz FSB even with a 6x multi. 350 was doable, but I wanted a good 1000Mhz on the memory and the ratios kill that chance with 350.

So, 300FSB X 12 = 3.6Ghz is fine for these boards. Northbridge is not even hot when running 10 hours of Prime95 and warms up, but not hot with 20x linpack.

They look good for the go to me. Neither come out of standby though, but with VISTA and hybrid sleep mode enabled, one can leave standby alone anyway.
    Last edited by Ropey; 05-17-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information