Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New BIOS for UD5 X58 ?

Default New BIOS for UD5 X58 ?

Hello there,

I know that there should be a BETA version out there of the new BIOS..

When can I expect it finished and ready for download in a 100% finished version?

My problem is doubble booting ;-)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: New BIOS for UD5 X58 ?

They are working on this, but I see MANY users reporting F6a solved this issue for them. Have you tried it yet?

Hi. I contacted Gigabyte tech support, In their reply they claimed that the Double boot was something to do with the way the bios works with overclocking, I have had various answers given to me from various forums about this issue, At the moment I do not know who to beleve, I hopefully have sorted my double boot by contacting Corsair to get the exact settings for my memory on this board, My memory is not on the gigabyte list of tested memory so I presume the xmp setting somehow effects the way the bios controls the psu when starting the computer. I would recomend contacting your Memory manufacture and see if they will give you the exact settings for your memory on your board. Some replys I have had claim the last bios F6a has fixed the cold boot issue, however this conflicts the information provided by Gigabyte in my last question to them about this issue. I found at one stage by lowering the qpi voltage to below 1.30 also stopped the cold boot issue. My personal view is that there is a problem with the compatability with some memory and the bios, which results in the the bios incorrectly opperating the power supply on boot. If ther was a major problem with the hardware this show in the stability of the system after boot and the day to day running of your system, as at the turning power on stage is not effected by the O.S. Hopefully a future bios will fix both of our issues.

I can assure you Double/Triple boot is not normal. They are working to fix it, and have already in a few BIOS's.

I have a BIOS for my board that does not do this as well, so I know it is not the "Norm" If it was a normal "Feature" it would be present in all BIOS's and it is for sure not.

I am sure tech likely gave you a canned/scripted reply about it as they are likely tired of getting asked already.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-26-2009 at 04:27 PM.

I agree with you Lsdmeasap, I have never had a pc before with double boot issues, And I have been putting computers together since 386s machines. I think some companies almost deny certain problems like this to try to prevent refunds on hardware. I am sure they are aware this problem exists and hope a future bios will fix this. I suppose I am being a little picky as manual settings for my ram seems to have cured the boot issue for now, But the bios should work correctly on the xmp settings, and users like myself and others should make these issues known so hopefully they can be resolved. I did notice in one of your previous posts in the forum that you had a F6d bios, was it for the UD5 motherboard, and if so is it avalible. Sorry to go on about this double boot issue.

F6d, not sure where you seen me mention that but I would have to assume it was for my board (X58-UD4P) as the UD5 is only on F6b as of right now and I am using F7b now.

XMP should not Always work as many of them or all of them have a QPI Voltage setting, and CPU's IMC's are to CPU/chip specific to all be able to run off the same setting from the XMP programming. I think that is a fundamental flaw of the XMP design as each CPU will need different amounts of QPI/VTT and QPI PLL voltage to run at certain Ram speeds, and Uncore Freq also is a factor depending on the Blck which is not considered

They are working it for sure though, and S3 as well.

Are you a Member of XtremeSystems? Just wondering, if you are can you please go leave me a reply to this >>
    XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Gigabyte EX58-UD5/Extreme Discussion Thread

If you are not a member, would you mind posting here any knowledge you have about the questions at hand from your own experiences so that I may pass it on.

Thanks

Thread Information