Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OCZ2RPR10661G on Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L

Default Re: OCZ2RPR10661G on Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    OK, well I see some issues above in your settings that may be the cause.

Performance Enhance...................: extreme << Standard for now especially since you are having issues. But I would always leave on standard since you are setting your own tRD (Static tRead)

tWR............................................3 << Should be at least 5-6

Channel A + B
    Static tRead Value.........................:6 (Try 7 for now)

And what do you have set for your Memory voltage? You left that blank in your settings above

Can you get in the BIOS at all or not? If not, try removing all but one stick in slot one and see if it will then bootup after a double reboot. If that does not work you will have to try to clear the CMOS, see my second post in this thread for my suggested method on doing that >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    I tried FSB 266 and now it works for couple of days with various settings....
    VOLTAGE IS 2.1V
    Thanks for help

I also have the same problem with my GA-EP45-UDR3 r1.1

I have to start with one stick of Ballistix. Then boot. Save the bios settings as they are. Shut down. Then add a second stick in dual channel mode. Boot up. Sometimes it reboots a couple of times and sometimes it comes up the first time and runs fine with 2 sticks in dual channel mode. If I shut the computer completely off. I have the same problem again and have to start with one stick. I mostly put the pc in sleep mode in order to avoid this headache. I will most likely be RMAing this board.

One thing that is interesting is that the board uses different timings in order to successfully boot. For example, my memory is rated and programmed for 1066 at 5,5,5,15. But the BIOS and memset show that it using 5,7,7,24 and I also noticed that the tstaticRead is 6 on CH. A and 7 on CH. B. Confused.

Alex

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

So kotvana, you all good then or do you need more help?

Alex

Are your Crucial 2.2V sticks? If so that may be why, they will RMA them for you and send you the new 2.0V sticks if so

Ya, Auto will use whatever it wants, that is why it is best to not use Auto for MANY things.

I would be setting those tRD (Static tRead Values) manually as well as many other things, but those for sure since you not that they are not matching. Do you see the same 6/7 in Memset for both channels?

Alex

Are your Crucial 2.2V sticks? If so that may be why, they will RMA them for you and send you the new 2.0V sticks if so

Ya, Auto will use whatever it wants, that is why it is best to not use Auto for MANY things.

I would be setting those tRD (Static tRead Values) manually as well as many other things, but those for sure since you not that they are not matching. Do you see the same 6/7 in Memset for both channels?
    Yes they are 2.2V. I already had a pair RMA'd and they sent me the same part numbers back. Why would the 2.2V make a difference in a board that can overclock memory beyond that?

I'm pretty sure that when I tried the programmed timing values of 5,5,5,15, the PC would not boot. So I'm not sure which settings to leave as Auto and which to set manually.

Channel A is 6 and Channel B is 7. That is for sticks in slots 1 and 3. I haven't tried moving them to slots 2 and 4. Should I maybe try setting these to 9 and 10 for all both slot pairs?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Because the 2.2v Sticks have recently had many issues with incompatibility and other issues, so they have been replaced. Speed was not a issue.

How long ago did you do your RMA you mentioned? You may have had to specify you wanted the 2.0V sticks due to issues with the others, or your last RMA could have been before they made the change over?

Those settings (tRD - Static tRead Value) should be matched, and no leave your memory in slot 1+3. I would try out 8 for both and if it is ok then try 7. It really all depends on all your other settings what will and will not work for tRD

If you would like some advised settings for everything let me know, and post me your specs

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto or Fast
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.0
    CPU Frequency ...........................: 

Clock Chip Control 
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: Mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Set to 100

C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
    CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< 800
    PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< 900
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<< 
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<< 

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................
    tRCD .........................................
    tRP'...........................................
    tRAS..........................................

Set all Suggested below to highest Values first.  Then later you can lower, one at a time, testing as you go

Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................
    tWTR..........................................
    tWR............................................
    tRFC...........................................
    tRTP...........................................
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2

Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ............................

Channel A
    Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto 
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto 
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps

Channel B
    Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto 
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto 
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps

Motherboard Voltage Control
    Voltage Type.………... Manual
    CPU
    CPU Vcore….……….........................:Auto if not overclocking, if you are overclocking please do find and set your own voltages

CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......: << If overclocking Please set to stock, Auto overvolts this way to much.  Optimal range for overclock would be 1.2-1.5 depending on Vcore, try to keep at least .1 under vcore.  Auto is fine if not overclocking

CPU PLL…………………....1.500V*.......: << If overclocking Please set to stock, Auto overvolts this way to much.  Optimal range for overclock would be 1.5-1.65.  Auto is fine if not overclocking

CPU Referen.…………....0.755V*.......: <<< .64% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly 

CPU Reference2………,,0.800V*.......:<<< .67% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly 

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Leave
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Leave
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< Leave
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< Leave

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: 
    DRAM Termination .…0.900V............: <<< Leave
    Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave
    Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave

Advanced Settings
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

I RMA'd them back in November 2008. Here's the response I got from Crucial support when I asked them a couple of days ago about RMA'ing them and getting the 2.2V sticks

"Thank you for your response. No, this is not true. It is what most people assume. The reason for the 2.0v vs 2.2v is when you are talking memory, or electronics in general, lower power is always going to be better and extend the life of the device. Micron was able to make changes to the components that allowed them to run at a lower voltage but keep the same specs. This is the true reason for the change."

I'm writing this with 4x1GB sticks on the board. I tried to set the BIOS with 2 sticks to run at 800 MHz (1.8V) and lowered the DRAM voltage to 2.0V.
    But it wouldn't boot without resetting itself a few times. Once it came back up, I stuck the additional 2 sticks in slots 2 & 4. Then it restarted a few times, then shut itself off and turned on again and proceeded to reset it self in quick short cycles which I never seen before. What I mean by short cycles that there were about 2 seconds between resets. So I turned the power switch off and then on again, and the stupid thing booted up. Now I'm running 4X1GB sticks in 1066Mhz. What's strange is that the timings the bios used are the same as when it had 2 sticks. Even though I set it to run at 800 MHz, it will not do that.

So right now, it is running the memory at 2.2V.
    Here's the memory timing from Everest:

Memory Timings:
    CAS Latency (CL) 5T
    RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 7T
    RAS Precharge (tRP) 7T
    RAS Active Time (tRAS) 24T
    Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) 56T
    Command Rate (CR) 2T
    RAS To RAS Delay (tRRD) 4T
    Write Recovery Time (tWR) 16T
    Read To Read Delay (tRTR) Same Rank: 4T, Different Rank: 8T
    Read To Write Delay (tRTW) 9T
    Write To Read Delay (tWTR) Same Rank: 12T, Different Rank: 7T
    Write To Write Delay (tWTW) Same Rank: 4T, Different Rank: 8T
    Read To Precharge Delay (tRTP) 6T
    Write To Precharge Delay (tWTP) 16T
    Precharge To Precharge Delay (tPTP) 1T
    Refresh Period (tREF) 4160T
    DRAM Read ODT 3T
    DRAM Write ODT 6T
    MCH Read ODT 11T
    Performance Level 7
    Read Delay Phase Adjust Neutral
    DIMM1 Clock Fine Delay 8T
    DIMM2 Clock Fine Delay 4T
    DIMM3 Clock Fine Delay 8T
    DIMM4 Clock Fine Delay 5T

Here's the screenshot of memset:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

How can I get the BIOS to keep these settings and not try new ones at boot time? I have tried to save them after a successful boot. But after turning off my PC for a few hours, and then turning it on again, it will do this all over and reboot itself constantly. For now, I will be keeping my PC in sleep mode for the time being.

Alex

Because the 2.2v Sticks have recently had many issues with incompatibility and other issues, so they have been replaced. Speed was not a issue.

How long ago did you do your RMA you mentioned? You may have had to specify you wanted the 2.0V sticks due to issues with the others, or your last RMA could have been before they made the change over?

Those settings (tRD - Static tRead Value) should be matched, and no leave your memory in slot 1+3. I would try out 8 for both and if it is ok then try 7. It really all depends on all your other settings what will and will not work for tRD

If you would like some advised settings for everything let me know, and post me your specs

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours
    Last edited by alexf1852; 03-14-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information