Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monstrous Vdrop in 100% load on X58 Extreme

Default Monstrous Vdrop in 100% load on X58 Extreme

Hi,

i have a problem about cpu vcore: when it goes under load, it drops by over 15% !!

My PC:

- GA x58 Extreme
    - i7 920
    - Noctua U12 1366 dual fan
    - 3x2gb OCZ DDR3 1333 XMP
    - PSU Enermax 620w
    - LG GGW-H20L
    - Raptor 2x74gb RAID0
    - ATI 2900Pro@XT
    - Other components are temporarily disconnected.

Tried to set cpu to different frequency from 2.4 to 3.6ghz. At 3.6ghz i set 200 bclk x 18 and 1.325v vcore from bios.
    I tried to enable or disable all saving energy cpu options (C1 etc) and load line calibration but when i run prime95 or Linx (all core to 100%) vcore drop from idle 1.296 to 1.15/1.13 and off course, since the cpu is running at 3.6ghz, afer 30" it reboots.

If I leave default options, the cpu runs off course at 2.66ghz (133 x 20).
    In idle i can see 1.05 vcore.
    If i run Linx (all cores to 100%) the cpu hits 21x mult (since turbo is enabled in default settings) and the vcore rise to 1.20v and it stays stable to the value...

I really don't know what to do. And I can't understand...

Tried on:
    - F6a, F6b, F5.

I'm sure the PSU is ok, since my last week system was based on Q6600 3.5ghz (438x8 at 1.41 idle and 1.39 in full load...).

I would appreciate your help.
    thanks in advance.

ciao!

Default Re: Monstrous Vdrop in 100% load on X58 Extreme

Anyone?

Hi guys,

could anybody help me?

thank you

That's very strange 0.o.

What are you using to read voltages? Maybe try another program, or an updated version of the one you are using now just to make sure...
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Enable LLC (Load Line Calibration)

And just so you know, some voltage settings will drop more then others, so you may want to try a few above and below that setting.

And as said above, what are you using to look at these voltages? If it is HW monitor use something else like CPU-z or Everest

Hi,
    thanks for your answer.

I use cpuz 1.50.1.

It is not a problem of reading. Each time i use manual settings on cpu/bclk/ram that are not EXACTLY the default, when the system goes in full loading (prime, linX, etc) the vcore drop to 1.13/1.15v.
    It doesn't matter what i set in bios. (only in idle it is respected...so for example: if i set 1.40 in bios i will have 1.375 in idle, but when i go in full load it will drop to 1.13v...).

And off course, if i am 3.5/3.6ghz or higher the system will be unstable (off course, since i think it is impossible to have stability at 3.6ghz under 1.13v in full loading...).

Instead, If i leave all default settings and i set vcore to 1.40 by eastunes6, it correctly raises from default and cpuz read 1.376. And if launch prime95 there is a drop but it stabilizes at 1.28/1.296v.

So I really don't understand where is the problem.

I'm going 'crazy'...

When you flash, you do load optimized defaults, then save and apply and reboot right before you make any changes?

Just checking

I think I have seen vdroop mod, if you would like the info about this let me know

yes I do. I follow exactly the sticky procedure to update bios..

I have also tried to disable all settings about energy saving like C1, etc. but it seems that this king of changement are not recepited since in windows i see the cpu multiplier, in idle, drop to 12x...

boh...i really don't know...

vdrop mod is quick, simple and economic?
    everything to solve the problem!!

i want to OC my cpu; it seems quite lucky, i enter in window at 4200mhz with 1.37v but off course when I load prime95 vcore drops to 1.13 and system reboot...

many thanks in advance.

ciao!

What? Ok Lets check things because since your multi is dropping it sounds like you do not have all the correct ones disabled

You have these disabled, that are marked disabled correct? >>>

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech [Enabled]
    CPU Cores Enabled [All]
    CPU Multi Threading [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) [Disabled]
    C3/C6/C7 State Support [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology [Enabled]
    Bi-Directional PROCHOT [Enabled]

C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

Are you sure your settings you set are being applied? I mean, when you go into MIT Section you do not see a Red Warning Box do you?

Your CPU Temps are not hitting a Super High Temp right when your PC Starts to go under LOAD is it? Just checking that thermal Throttling isn't kicking in. What cooler are you using and what is the max Load temps you do see when you could run a full load (Even at stock)?

Noctua NH-U12P dual fan: it keeps low temperature. (2.8ghz @ 1.30v under full 100% prime95 the four cores stays at 57C)

I'm sure the settings are applied. I also tried to disable everything except the HT... Now i go to try with your combination...

I want to tell you another thing, maybe it's important. cpu_fan motherboard 4 pin connector does not work. I verified it at my first startup with the stock cooling (that didn't work). So I decided to use the other connector that are present on the MB.

ciao!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information