Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the GA-MA780G-UD3H motherboard?

Question Re: Anyone have the GA-MA780G-UD3H motherboard?

Hey I am thinking the
    AMD Phenom X4 9950 Agena Black Edition Quad Core Processor 2.6Ghz Socket AM2+ 4MB Cache 125W

Does this sound like a good CPU ? or is there a better one?

While we are on the topic whats the best cooler to mount on this bad boy(CPU)???
    Thinking the Scythe SCMG-2000 Mugen 2 Intel LGA1366 CPU Cooler

I just love this picture

Please advise
    Mark
    Last edited by RagenRat; 03-16-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Default Re: Anyone have the GA-MA780G-UD3H motherboard?

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1">
    Hey I am thinking the
    AMD Phenom X4 9950 Agena Black Edition Quad Core Processor 2.6Ghz Socket AM2+ 4MB Cache 125W

Does this sound like a good CPU ? or is there a better one?
    That is the combination I have and now that I've got a working os I'm impressed. The 9950 has a reputation for running hot but so far I've had no problems even with the supplied cooler, which is surprisingly decent. Of course my case has 3 fans and quite a lot of airflow. Newegg sells the 9850 for about the same price and it uses less wattage and is supposed to run cooler, if that's a concern. If you are planning on doing a lot of overclocking you may well want a larger cooler but it's worth remembering that changing from the stock one will void the warranty on the cpu. You might want to make sure that everything is good with the chip before you put the aftermarket cooler on.

You're right - 'awesome picture. Thanks for posting it!

A different tack and a question - I have been unable to get Vista 64 to recognize my external usb hard drive even though the device manager sees it just fine. Does this suggest a cure to anyone out there?

When I finish getting my operating system set up the way I want it and can run the mobo and cpu through their paces I will do a write-up and post it here.
    Last edited by Blue Max; 03-17-2009 at 10:19 AM.

Sounds like you need to format it. then you will be good. Do know the steps of doing that? If not I think I can hook you up
    Mark

I just got this motherboard, but the rest of my computer parts hasn't come yet.
    Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H

Does this motherboard support crossfirex? i wasn't able to find anything in the manual on it other than hybrid crossfirex.

I may buy a new video card and the future and would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by hanleychan View Post
    Does this motherboard support crossfirex?
    It can only support 16x+4x crossfire (the 780g has fewer PCIe lanes than 790gx and can't do double 16x crossfire). I suppose hybrid crossfire X would work too.
    However, using the 4x PCIx lane automatically disables two of the three PCIeX1 lanes and it seems the only active one remains the upper one, which is right under the northbridge. This might be problematic if you have a warm-running tv tuner card for example.

I can't for the life of me get S3 standby mode to work. I'm using Vista Ultimate 64. I checked and double-checked all my settings in Vista and in the BIOS, but every time I put the computer in sleep mode I have to press the reset switch and then the power button to boot the system up.

@RagenRat
    Get a Phenom II, not a Phenom 1, the new Phenom IIs are noticeably faster at the same clockspeed and consume less power since they're built on 45nm not 65nm.
    The AM3 Phenom IIs *should* work, the AM2+ ones work for sure:
    GIGABYTE - Support - Mainboard - CPU Support List - GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0)

Re: Anyone have the GA-MA780G-UD3H motherboard?
    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> Sounds like you need to format it. then you will be good. Do know the steps of doing that? If not I think I can hook you up
    Thanks. I am still hoping, maybe without hope, that I can install it with my files intact. I guess the worst that could happen is I may have to copy it all onto dvds. If I do have to reformat it will be very useful to have that link.

I would agree with Nickel that if the money is no object a Phenom II is likely a better chip. These are the top of the line currently. Just the same I am very happy with my 9950.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Max View Post
    Thanks. I am still hoping, maybe without hope, that I can install it with my files intact. I guess the worst that could happen is I may have to copy it all onto dvds. If I do have to reformat it will be very useful to have that link.

I would agree with Nickel that if the money is no object a Phenom II is likely a better chip. These are the top of the line currently. Just the same I am very happy with my 9950.
    Here's that link How to Format a Hard Drive With Windows XP | eHow.com

I got my board today
    Got my cooler to I think I stole on ebay to shipped for 22.00
    Of course momma told me to always wear protection so the last thing I was going to do was post pictures on a computer site with out it

O YEA...I bought a 9850 AMD for 100.00 shipped on ebay to I am not rich by any means. In fact when momma finds out I am building another computer shes likely to kick my butt.
    So I am hoping that the money saved will help me buying a great CP case
    Might get another Ultra unless I find a possible better one???

My ears are open on that topic.

What size Power supply you guys running? I am thinking a 650Watt Corsair
    I love Corsair !!!!
    Here's a picture
    Mark

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information