Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the GA-MA780G-UD3H motherboard?

Default Anyone have the GA-MA780G-UD3H motherboard?

This motherboard got my attention after I've had enough of my current one, an Asus M3N78-VM. It's ridiculous how much the MB and northbridge overheats. I know Gigabyte makes great boards, because I have an older computer that has lasted for 7 years and it's still going.

I plan on using a Phenom II 940 CPU and 4GB of DDR2-1066 G. Skill memory with this motherboard. So, does anyone own one of these or plan on purchasing it? I haven't seen any reviews for this motherboard yet, which is a shame.

Thanks.

edit: The only concern I would have is the onboard gpu overheating. I may plan on using this MB in the future in a HTPC.
    Last edited by flawless_og; 02-26-2009 at 02:58 AM.

Default Re: Anyone have the GA-MA780G-UD3H motherboard?

Nobody has this motherboard? :(

kick is offline Senior Member

Not a lot of AMD action going on.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I looked around, no one that I can see with it.

And yep, sorry man not many AMD Users frequent here.....

Funny you should ask... I just ordered the Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD motherboard from Newegg and I'm looking for experiences with it as well. I guess this is academic as I'm committed but other than what's on their website (4 reviews) and the info at Gigabyte I'm just holding onto faith. Is this a new board? I know Newegg hasn't offered it for long. I'd be happy to comment when I get the thing up and running. I'm planning on running it with a Phenom 9950 cpu.

For what it's worth, I've found the same motherboard for up to $150 from some dealers and I'm getting it from Newegg for $90.

I meant to list this as a reply first, but it all works out.

Another thought - if you haven't been to Gigabyte's site there is some really good stuff about the current Ultra Durable (UD3) boards.
    Last edited by Blue Max; 02-28-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Max View Post
    Funny you should ask... I just ordered the Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD motherboard from Newegg and I'm looking for experiences with it as well. I guess this is academic as I'm committed but other than what's on their website (4 reviews) and the info at Gigabyte I'm just holding onto faith. Is this a new board? I know Newegg hasn't offered it for long. I'd be happy to comment when I get the thing up and running. I'm planning on running it with a Phenom 9950 cpu.

For what it's worth, I've found the same motherboard for up to $150 from some dealers and I'm getting it from Newegg for $90.

I meant to list this as a reply first, but it all works out.

Another thought - if you haven't been to Gigabyte's site there is some really good stuff about the current Ultra Durable (UD3) boards.
    Awesome, I'll be awaiting your results. :D

Well guys i have built about 5 htpc for friends and family the last few months. all of them were with the gigabyte GA-MA780G-S2HP and one was built with the newer GA-MA780G-US2H I know these are not the ultra durable series but they have all worked very well in the htpcs i built. I built most of them with a cheap athlon x2 and overclocked them all to 2.4ghz using coreavc codec for 1080p movies and integrated video card. They run flawlessy.

On my newest build i am using the us2h with a phenom triple core and i think the triple core is noticably better than dual core. you can tell multi tasking is smoother. like i have more headroom when running 1080p content doesn't feel like i am maxing out the cpu.

My only complaint when setting these boards up for the first time is that i found out the hard way that by default the bios puts the sata controller in native ide mode which is slower. So when i changed it to AHCI mode for whatever reason the windows woudl blue screen cause i had installed windows when it was in ide mode so it was using wrong drivers. i had to reinstall windows after i changed bios to ahci mode and everything was fine.

I put all these htpc builds in this case. Newegg.com - IN WIN IW-BK623.BN300BL 0.6mm SECC Steel MicroATX Desktop Computer Case - Computer Cases which is quite small and crammed 3 hard drives in it.. it never has any overheating issues with the northbridge so i think you will be fine with one of these boards.

Oh one more thing the hdmi through audio worked great for me on my 47' LCD. =)

Good to see that you are satisfied with those motherboards. Did you have any problems with the 780G chipset overheating or are the heatsinks good enough? And if you had any trouble with high temperature readings, were those false readings?

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. :)

edit: Did any of those HTPC builds include a Blu-ray rom drive?

no blue ray drives as i run all the 1080p content from the hard drives. blue ray drives still kinda pricey so everyone i know is waiting for more price drops.

temps are solid. in that small case my cpu gets to about 39c idle not sure about load.

system temp is also about 33c in that small case. the northbridge heatsinks are fanless they don't seem to have a temp sensor on them. but as far as i can tell no issues. system has never crashed on me.

Good to know, hehe. I think I'll order this motherboard today. I've heard nothing but good things about Gigabyte's Ultra Durable series of motherboards anyways.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information