Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-E7AUM-DS2H : DES Turned Off upon Reboot

Default Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H : DES Turned Off upon Reboot

WOOPS: Missed that SpeedEuphoria had already suggested this 0.0

Hi,

Check my post #5 in this thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/dpc-...x58-ud5-30547/

DES does indeed stay ON even after uninstall, unless you follow the steps in above link.
    I think it has something to do with "Stealth Mode"...

EDIT: (Pasting steps here for convenience.)

-Click "On" (Big button on right with "dynamic energy saver" written).
    -Click the "X" to close the program
    -It will ask you something about Stealth mode, Click "No"
    The feature is now disabled until you use the program again and reenable.
    Last edited by C3D76; 05-10-2009 at 07:26 AM.
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Quote Originally Posted by C3D76 View Post
    -Click "On" (Big button on right with "dynamic energy saver" written).
    -Click the "X" to close the program
    -It will ask you something about Stealth mode, Click "No"
    The feature is now disabled until you use the program again and reenable.
    Yes, that's correct, you can disable DES that way..... but it already is off that's what's causing the problem with the halt on every reboot.
    I would like to do the opposite, to turn DES on and that it remains on after reboot. Or at least disable the warning and halt when booting.

Quote Originally Posted by demoniak View Post
    Yes, that's correct, you can disable DES that way..... but it already is off that's what's causing the problem with the halt on every reboot.
    I would like to do the opposite, to turn DES on and that it remains on after reboot. Or at least disable the warning and halt when booting.
    How about if you you say "YES" when it asks you if you want ot use "Stealth Mode" ?

Quote Originally Posted by C3D76 View Post
    How about if you you say "YES" when it asks you if you want ot use "Stealth Mode" ?
    Doh ;-) Off course I've tried that, but it doesn't save its state so after restart it's off again.

I've noticed there is a process called "GSvr.exe" that is launched and stays resident by the DES-application ("gest.exe"). Don't know what this process does, doesn't seem to matter if I terminate it or not.

Is this maybe a problem with 64-bit Windows? Anyone with 32-bit that can verify that it works to keep DES enabled?

Just making sure :)

I remember having the same problem as you once.
    But I don't remember exactly what fixed it: DES or BIOS reset/update, or changing Cpu options in BIOS (C1E, EIST,...)...

I have discovered that DES remains enabled after resume from powersave/sleep but not after hybrid sleep/hibernate, restart or cold boot.

Has anyone been able to fix this problem ? I have the exact same motherboard (GA-E7AUM-DS2H). I initially installed Vista x64 and I installed the drivers and software that came with the motherboard. After 5 months running I noticed that the des application saved me only 1%, so I uninstalled the software. Since my pc is always running, I didn't really noticed the message at boot, or didn't pay attention to it. 2 months ago I upgraded to Windows 7 RC and needed to reboot a few times, it started to bug me. So I went looking for answers. I resetted the CMOS, both with the jumper and battery. I flashed the latest BIOS. Still that damn message. I thought it must be in the bootsector. So last weekend I formatted my disks, I even deleted my RAID configuration totally. I installed the new Windows 7 RTM (no beta, but the real deal) and the message just keeps coming. I tried to install the DES tool, but it crashes on Windows 7.

What's my next move ?

The solution is irrational:
    - Boot into Windows 7
    - Start DES
    - Turn DES on
    - Close the application by clicking on "X"
    - Answer NO to the Stealth Mode

You should now be able to boot normally again

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If you do not install the program, or uninstall it such as a format, it would not be installed thus not ask you things such as this.

I think you may be installing it without noticing via Express Install off the CD maybe?

I must dissapoint you. I only installed it with the first Vista x64. Deinstalled it while still with vista. Reinstalled vista x86, upgraded my vista x86 to Windows 7 RC. Formatted and installed windows 7 RTM.

With windows 7 everything is recognized by default. No drivers were needed. But I did install the windows 7 ready nvidia drivers.

I can guarantee you that I have NOT inserted the gigabyte-drivers cd. Heck, I probably don't have it anymore.

I would love to install it so maybe I could disable it. But it crashes upon installation, because it windows 7 isn't supported yet.

I hope gigabyte releases a windows 7 version of the des utility soon. Unless some bright soul can tell were to erase the setting. It must be in the bios somewhere, still clearing cmos and flash bios, does not resolve it. Man, I even just tried this : I removed my harddrives and the cmos-battery. Removed the powercable and put a jumper on the reset cmos pins. Message is still there. I attached pictures of it. Who's next !

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information