Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-E7AUM-DS2H : DES Turned Off upon Reboot

Default Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H : DES Turned Off upon Reboot

downloaded and followed instructions to the letter.
    Are you sure this flashes the bios, because the message is still there.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, it did flash correct? And then after reboot the rest of what I said?

Which Message is still there anyway?

It did some clearing and writing (counting up some KB's)
    then asked to shutdown.
    then i booted to bios and loaded optimized defaults
    then i booted again in bios and loaded hdd settings (raid)
    then i booted normally

the message "DES is turned off..." was back.

Ahh ok! Just making sure you did not mean any "Waiting" message to do with the flash or something.

So again, with the latest DES Program can you please enable it in windows and then reboot and see if the message appears still? Just checking to see that it goes away as it should if enabled like it is asking.

This is clearly a BIOS related issue/error and will have to be reported and looked into. I can do this after the 31st, but if you want you can email Janus and have him pass it along to the BIOS Engineers in the meantime. His email is in the 3-4 post in this thread >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/welc...support-24883/

I will report myself and let you know, but you will have to wait until my contact is back in the office. Please remind me after the 31st if Janus has not sent a beta to you yet by that time.

Glad to see your BIOS is ok and board is functioning though, I was worried you was still seeing the "waiting" message again!!

Let me know how your testing and further messing around goes.

Good luck and sorry I can't be of more direct help with this right now

Angry Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H : DES Turned Off upon Reboot

I know exactly what you are going through. I have experienced and tried most of the steps that has been mentioned here to no avail. Did you get a fix for this? If you did, what was the fix? I really appreciate any ideas, this is really frustrating .

I have exactly the same problem. I have the GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard (F3a BIOS) as well and I am running Windows 7 (7100), but I'm running the 32 bit version of the OS and encounter the same halt message. So I don't think it has anything to do with 32 bit vs 64 bit. It may have something to do with Windows 7 compatibility, an error in the DES software or an error in the BIOS.

Lsdmeasap, have you received a response from your Gigabyte contact? Thanks for your support!

I don't think it is Windows 7. I have Win XP 64 bit. I think this is happening on all operating systems or at least on more than one Operating system. Maybe the only one that the DES works on is XP 32bit only? I am interested to know what Gigabyte is going to come back with, this is really annoying that we can't get rid of the press any key message no matter what we do.

Hey, spotted this discussion on a google search. I had the same problem myself and found the solution listed here worked for me: By clicking the 'x' on DES software, then answering 'No' it solved reboot warning prompt.

I'm running Win 7 RC, 32bit, but looks like I'm running an older BIOS than you - BIOS F2 <-could that be the difference?

Energy saver advance software version B8.0910.1

Hope that helps!
    Steve

I can click the "X" and answer "No" as well and the POST message goes away. This is a temporary fix for me because I still have to enable DES every time Windows boots up which is a little bit of a pain, but I would rather do that than have to click the "Any" button every time the thing boots up!

I didn't have to clear CMOS or anything like that, but if I answer "Yes" to stealth mode the POST screen halt comes back.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information