Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GA-E7AUM-DS2H : DES Turned Off upon Reboot

Default Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H : DES Turned Off upon Reboot

Quote Originally Posted by vcmirko View Post
    Hi,

I totally understand. This is unexceptable bad support. I'm still having this issue, never been able to get rid of it.

Things i tried

- bios upgrade
    - re-install os
    - clear bios (removing battery)
    - installing all versions of des (+ uinstalling, in combination with rebooting)

I was able to get rid of it once, but next reboot, it was back.

First there was support with this forum, but they abandonned us after a while.
    Shame huh...
    I found this thread by Google and "cached" So the thread isnt really searchable.

However I mailed Gigabyte support:
    A: You need to install the Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced edition (DESA) version B10.0309.1, from this link:

Motherboard - GIGABYTE

So I Went into bios under advanced... disabled C1E and EIST. Computer started up with needed keystroke for not halting BSOD etc. Then installed the latest DES as descibed above. Rebooted and in bios enabled C1E and EIST. Voila a Normal start procedure :)

NOW I Unistalled DES!

The F4 fw still is incomplete. I Used the CD version of DES at first(BUT installed on Windows 7, my mistake).

Suggestion: new bios fw that better handles the DES. Set a warning on Mobo;s page about the DES version on CD and w7 incompability...

Regards/ TJ

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

We updated the forums, so some older URL formats no longer work and that is why you had to use the cache. Google's bot will catch up soon I'm sure.

OS version or type shouldn't matter, don't you guys see this message with or without a disk installed?

I'm awaiting a reply on this, I'll let you know once I hear back again.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK guys! I have heard back from them and they have been having a hard time trying to replicate this issue.

That is why it's been taking so long, not that they have forgotten or abandoned anyone, just haven't been able to replicate this so they can try to correct it.

Can all of you guys send me your exact hardware specifications, DES Versions installed, and any other information you feel is pertinent so that I may pass it along and they can try to setup similar instances to replicate the issues.

You can PM me or post the info here.

Thanks

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information