Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45C-UD3R: Nothing reads the 12v. rail correctly

Default GA-EP45C-UD3R: Nothing reads the 12v. rail correctly

Hi, I've tried all the monitoring software from here and elsewhere and none of them read the 12V rail correctly. I get anywhere from 1.5- 2.00 all the way up to 9.00. I have the latest F5 bios installed. Sorry if this has been covered before. I did a google search without satisfactory results. Oh!, PSU is a Cooler Master Pro 650W., 1-8800gt, 3 Sata HDD, 4Gig Ram. EDIT!!: I stand corrected. Easy Tune 6 gives the right readings, but OCCT,HW Monitor,Sandra and SIW do not.
    Last edited by jcarno; 02-27-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45C-UD3R: Nothing reads the 12v. rail correctly

Everest Ultimate is all I will use

The BIOS will show you as well in the PC health section

@ jcarno... I have the same experience as you, and (fwiw) the same answer as Lsdmeasap. It's a non-issues, no worries :)
    E7400 - GA-EP45-UD3R - Rosewill RCX-Z775-EX - OCZ2N1066SR2GK (2x1GB, 5-5-5-15 PL5) - GeForce 9400 GT.

Thanks for the replies.

So all is well then? Hope so

If you want to try out everest you can get the latest Beta Trial here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/

Greetings, Yes everything is fine and I am in mobo heaven with this board. Currently running Q6600 @ 385X9=3.465, 5gigs cheap PC6400 @ 1-1, pulled from an HP I destroyed. Yea, thats right, 5gigs,2x1x1x1. Not sure why HP would choose that config but it is running fine and has been since I built the machine. Just got done with a 7 hour run(overnight for me) of prime 95 blend. Ultimitly I would like to hit 400x9 stable. Thanks go out to this great forum and the contributors because without the resources found here I would be totally lost. My approach to O'clocking is the long and slow method. I did shoot for 400fsb right off the bat and failed miserably. So now I take my time and do alot of reading, here and elsewhere. I won't consider an o'clock stable unless it can do all of the following: At least 6hrs of prime blend or OCCT. At least 5 passes Intel Burn or half hr. OCCT linpack. At least 2hrs. heavy gaming ie: Crysis,either playing the game or running various benchmarks or GTR2,GTR Evolution running 1-2hr. full feild races with all settings maxed out. Super Pi 32m. Encoding huge Video files from Fraps AVI to WMV via Windows Movie Maker.Yes, it is very time consuming but I just don't feel comfortable runnung a machine that can't do all of the above without failure. If I get a BSOD, lockup,reboot, or any other form of instability, then I do a little more home work to correct the problem. I'm already more than pleased with the results I've gotten thus far so 400fsb isn't a must. Just wanna say Thanks again to you guys that keep this site alive and up to date.
    Last edited by jcarno; 03-05-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Great to hear you are happy!

And thanks much for all the kind words for sure!!!

I agree with you on the stability, I dont often use as many tools as that myself but I do agree with your thoughts there. I use Memtest86+ overnight, 5-10 runs on max Intel Burn, And 24 Hours Orthos and I am convinced! I do not game, so I dont need to test much more then that. I do Alot of GFX testing though sometimes and that method of stability tests have always been fine thru those as well. But you are right, if you game you have to game as part of your testing as well as it is often different then most stability tests.

You tried out the LightSmark Benchmark, if not check out the tools sticky for a download, it is pretty cool I think

I do overclock different though, but that is as you know all a personal preference. My CPU's never see stock until days after a have been using them, and then only for testing. I pick a speed when I put the CPU in the board, and then start it up and get in the BIOS and set things. A few quick tests and minor changes and I am working on stability tests and within a few hours normally I am good to go and start out with the long tests.

I guess I am a "Set it, and Get it" type of guy

Well man, good luck with your 400 FSB (Use 399 or 401) and for sure if you feel you need some advice on it, pop in and let us know and we will try to help

Thread Information