Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Please. GA-EX58-UD4P won't boot, contant restart

Default Re: Help Please. GA-EX58-UD4P won't boot, contant restart

Thanks for checking out my problem. I actually ended up sending the board back RMA. I would be interested in your memory tests, though, since I kept the same sticks. The Patriot memory I mentioned was listed by Gigabyte as working with the GA-X58-UD4P but they only tested memory in single channels according to the PDF.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, So you want me to test no memory to see if there is error beeps then right? Or what happens right?

If so I can for sure. Ya, I will tomorrow afternoon and then post back.

Here as soon as I get a spare minute I plan to shoot off a email to Patriot about some samples for testing as well, just have not had time lately

I have the same problem...but with Kingston Value Ram...should I try booting without memory? I did everything the other dude did...I switched the CMOS battery over and tried to boot like that....Still the same, fans turn, all LED's burn for 5 seconds, then it shuts down...after 5 seconds, the same again....and again...getting desperate...

Are you using the correct slots? That would be the white ones (1, 3, 5)

Do you have a case speaker connected, if not please try to find one to connect so you can hear if any beeps are being emitted.

Have you tried 1 and or 2 sticks instead of 3?

Did you check for bent pins in the CPU Socket before you installed the CPU? If not, please check now.

You do have the 24Pin and 8Pin connected right? Just checking, you would be surprised.

Can you give me a link to your ram, and also tell me your full specs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Are you using the correct slots? That would be the white ones (1, 3, 5)

Do you have a case speaker connected, if not please try to find one to connect so you can hear if any beeps are being emitted.

Have you tried 1 and or 2 sticks instead of 3?

Did you check for bent pins in the CPU Socket before you installed the CPU? If not, please check now.

You do have the 24Pin and 8Pin connected right? Just checking, you would be surprised.

Can you give me a link to your ram, and also tell me your full specs as well.
    Ok, .... I installed the cpu, 3 times I think, I opened it a few times to check if there were no pins bent, but normally there are none. I first tried with everything connected and 3 dimms...now I've built everything outside the case on some ESD foil.... I changed to 1 dimm, and I have put it in all sockets blue and white I think :D .... I change GPU to and older PCI-e card, but problem still persisted....I changed power supply (my 700 W vs a Fortronn 350 W) and the problem still persisted. I took out the CMOS battery for a night-> didn't help....I tried to boot with battery flipped over (PC store told me that they had had same problem and gigabyte had adviced them to do that)...still the same...now I tried booting without memory, same thing happened so no memory problem I think....

I'll repeat what happens;...when I try to boot, all LED's burn, cpu fan starts spinning, after 5 seconds or so...everything stops, goes out....after 5 seconds, spontaneously it starts again for 5 seconds...and it keeps cycling like that....I hooked up my normal speakers and heard 2 short beeps I THINK (I heard it 2 times so I think I really heard them, but now it's too far from speakers to connect them), so that would point to a CMOS error....Also, when it boots, and I keep pressing (pressing shortly doesnt do anything) the clr_CMOS button or keep connecting the jumper pins it stays ON, with all LED's on and fan keeps spinning, just until I release button then it shuts down immediatelly...

my specs:
    core i7 920
    Gigabyte EX58-UD4P
    Sapphire HD4870 1 gb (using Geforce 6600 ATM, is easier to unplug)..
    Cooler Master CM690
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W M (used a Fortronn 350W to test if it was not PSU)
    sh-223f
    2* Seagate 7200.12 500 gb..
    at last but not least...
    Kingston ValueRam 3*2gb 1333 Mhz DDR3 ram

Kingston Technology Company - Kingston Memory Search - Search Results for: KVR1333D3N9K3/6G

Any ideas? plz help :(

It has been 2 days, I've run out of ideas and at my local pc store, the dude looked at me in a contemplating fashion and said, you should have let us assemble it for 69 euro's (like I'm not able to do it myself) and he said that I will cost a whole lot of money if I would bring it in....
    Last edited by Thombose; 04-02-2009 at 04:26 AM.

Please try with all 3 dimms in slots 1/3/5 and clear your CMOS using the method I posted here in post # 2 (The long method) >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Then try to start the board

So no bent pins eh? Just ask cause you said "Normally"

If you have no luck please remove all hardware except your CPU/Heatsink, one or three sticks of ram (Try both ways) and your GFX Card, that is it. No hard drives, cd drives, fans, ect. This will rule out other faulty hardware as a issue.

When you say you have the board out of the case and on ESD Foil, you do have the board OFF the motherboard tray correct? If not, please do so now to be sure you do not have a short somewhere

Are you using stock cooler? If so BE SURE it is fully connected and the clips are all engaged and snug

Ok, I'll try again with all 3 dimms...

I allready have minimal installation: PSU, CPU + cooler, motherboard, GFX card and RAM...And have already tried with other PSU and GFX card, so they are ruled out as problemsource I think...

No, it's not connected anymore to the motherboard tray, it's just the motherboard, lying on it's own foil with some of the protective soft thing inside the bag.

I'll check the CPU once more for broken pins, I hope the cooling paste doenst get screwed...

I'll do the reset and then with 2 dimms, but I already tried removing the battery for a whole night, but it didn't work....my local computer store was told (by gigabyte, to try to boot with the battery upside down, but that didn't work either...)..

Cheerz,
    Tom

I checked the pins....when I installed my CPU (I have always payed high attention and have always installed the cpu properly!!) I had to apply a real lot of pressure on the lever because it really wouldnt close...On another forum they said that if it was in right position I had just to push, so I didnt but I heard some "creaking" when I did it, but apparently it should be normal...now, when I remove cpu, everything looks the same, there are no single pins that look bent or broken....but when I go look really closer....they all seem to be bent a bit, but I think that is normal, because they wouldnt all bent in same direction if it was my fault, not?...20 minutes almost over for cmos reset :) I'm curious :) I hope you can become my hero :)

EDIT: looked at some pictures, my socket seems to be perfectly ok...
    Last edited by Thombose; 04-02-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Ok, it didn't work.....still the same problem...it's driving me nuts....

Sorry I never updated anyone. I ended up RMA'ing the board. The new one took about 2 weeks to get here but it's been running like a champ for the last 3 weeks. Haven't dared to overclock it yet but everything looks pretty good.

I even bought a POST diagnostic card in case everything failed, but it's working great.

I still have the same Patriot memory I mentioned in my first post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information